·
Registered
2,379 Posts
:popcorn

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I installed the Rocker Lockers and geeees, what a difference, top end clatter is gone, well worth the time and $16+shipping.
Yes still sounds like a Harley typical top end noise and lower end stuff but the annoying tick is gone.
I have tried changing lifters, adjusting my push rods, went to the new hybrid kit, trying to get rid of the tick, looks like I was looking in the wrong place.
Here is their site.
http://rockerlockers.com/
Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
12,951 Posts
Spend 20-40K HD cant make a engine with tighter quality control. That ticking is sloppy engineering. IMOP

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Well I installed the Rocker Lockers and geeees, what a difference, top end clatter is gone, well worth the time and $16+shipping.
Yes still sounds like a Harley typical top end noise and lower end stuff but the annoying tick is gone.
I have tried changing lifters, adjusting my push rods, went to the new hybrid kit, trying to get rid of the tick, looks like I was looking in the wrong place.
Here is their site.
http://rockerlockers.com/
Two thumbs up.
Great intel. I may be trying them this winter. Thanks!

--

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Just an observation.

Funny what bothers some and others accept, ignore.

To me. The sounds of a V-twin are what gives it it`s character. Some add louder pipes. Some obnoxiously loud.
While others are bothered by a whine that only they, and some dogs can hear. Or a tick that is no louder then a wristwatch. :dunno

Personal experience. When I got my first bike. 83 Shovel. I was actually disappointed how quiet and smooth it ran. A different set of pipes and aftermarket carb solved that. It had soul, feeling, and sound.
A few years later poped in a cam and open 1 3/4 drags. I thought I had found Nirvana.
Older now. Prefer them a bit more quiet. But not as quiet as stock.
But still want to hear and feel my bike while riding. It is what keeps me in touch with riding and part of the reason that I ride.

If I wanted a sewing machine with a seat and 2 wheels I would have bought an import.
Just my :2cents
Not meant as a personal shot at anyone else`s personal preferences.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I think they have plenty of other "personality" noises without the ones caused by parts flopping around that are not supposed to flop around. IMHO.

--

·
Registered
12,951 Posts
Just an observation.

If I wanted a sewing machine with a seat and 2 wheels I would have bought an import.
Just my :2cents
Not meant as a personal shot at anyone else`s personal preferences.
Talked to guy Saturday said his buds were giving him bad time about pipes on his new bike. Referring to a sewing machine.:eek-surprise He put 4" Street Cannons on it. That's damn insulting saying a guys Harley sounds like a sewing machine. :frown

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
I had a Lingenfelter Z06 Corvette a few years ago that was pushing 700 hp and it ticked. My Mustang ticks. My Harleys all tick. What I learned is that noise is always present and the thin walls of headers or in our case, head pipes, will let that sound come through. How true that is I don't know but that's what the Lingenfelter techs said and I trust them, enough to give them 20 grand and my brand new Corvette and let them have at it.

-Rohan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I don't mind the normal sound a Harley makes, but this sounded like a bad lifter, louder than a tick. Just plain annoying, now you still hear the mechanical sound we all love, but it doesn't sound like something is broken.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My new 110 has the noises too, definitely more than a tick. Really sounds like something is broken as there isn't any rhythm to it either. I will be doing the rocker lockers on it and sticking some louder pipes on too. Ride on.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Talked to guy Saturday said his buds were giving him bad time about pipes on his new bike. Referring to a sewing machine.:eek-surprise He put 4" Street Cannons on it. That's damn insulting saying a guys Harley sounds like a sewing machine. :frown
:dunno :sad
Hell. Admitted I thought my Shovel did when new. And they are a lot quieter from the factory now.
I`m a baaAAaadd boy. :devil

·
Registered
12,951 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts