Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have a nightster and i drilled my baffles out on the bike. love the sound but i lost a lot of my low end. my buddy's dad told me to buy torque cones and it will solve that problem. my question is if i put the cones in will i need to have the bike remapped? or will it be fine just to install them?
Sorry for the newb question but i don't want to do the wrong thing and mess my bike up

·
Registered
737 Posts
if you removed teh baffles from the stock pipes you probably should have gotton it remapped, even a completly stock harley right off the floor could benifit from a remap,

sometimes you may think you have lost bottom end but what has happened is your powerband has actualy smoothed out, so you dont get the big bump in power you are used to feeling, without a dyno or a 1/4 mile time to compare to, its really hard to say if you lost power, but i am willing to bet by pulling the baffles you leaned the motor out and potentialy lost some power,

cones are a band-aid for the problem which is the tune, the stock pipes are not that big to the point where pulling the baffles would cause an issue, the reality of it is the air/fuel ratio and the velocity through the pipe...

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Okay so i have a nightster and i drilled my baffles out on the bike. love the sound but i lost a lot of my low end. my buddy's dad told me to buy torque cones and it will solve that problem. my question is if i put the cones in will i need to have the bike remapped? or will it be fine just to install them?
Sorry for the newb question but i don't want to do the wrong thing and mess my bike up
With that drilled baffle, you have raised hell with the reversion in the pipe, and it is now running up into the intake tract during the valve overlap position.
Scott

·
Just Ride
3,035 Posts
I thought I read a thread on torque cones on this forum.It came with a dyno sheet basically saying they were a waste of time and money. Maybe it was Dave63's post. I could be wrong but do a search. The post was 05/01/2012.Dyno test on torque cones.

·
2008 FXD
156 Posts
Drliied out baffles

I drilled out the 1 restricting baffle on each of my exhaust on my 08 FXD Super Glide and it runs fine and other than a little louder, made no difference in the way it runs. Put about 6,000 miles on it since and it's still going strong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 heritage with stock everything

I drilled out the 1 restricting baffle on each of my exhaust on my 08 FXD Super Glide and it runs fine and other than a little louder, made no difference in the way it runs. Put about 6,000 miles on it since and it's still going strong.
You drilled the restrictive baffle in your muffler. It's the one that looks like a plug in the baffle preventing you from seeing down into it right? I have 13 heritage and the stock sound sucks. Can I do the same on mine to get a little sumpin sumpin in the sound? Do you know anyone who has on a new heritage? Money is tight:bikerguy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts