Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Never Stop Starting
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Total motorcycle and Harley newbie here. Just bought my brother in-law's 2014 Ultra Limited. Been wanting a motorcycle for some years now. My wife loves this one, she's been on a few times.. I think she was partial to it... so I bought it. I couldn't pass the deal up either.
I've been reading the forums for about a week now and thought I would introduce myself. Looking forward to hanging out and sharing and gaining knowledge with everyone.:biker:

Attachments

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
That's a hell of a first bike!

Why did your BIL sell such a new bike?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Everybody at one time has been a newbie......welcome from Missouri

Not Mr. know-it-all here but a word to the wise, keep your wife off it till you really bond with that scooter and get the feel real good, you will do you and her a favor in that regards and take a riding course after you practice in a parking lot....empty of course...just sayin.

Ride safe and especially watch out for the idiots on their cell phone texting.

·
luv the low country
20,288 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC .

Reactions: Topper

·
Never Stop Starting
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a hell of a first bike!

Why did your BIL sell such a new bike?
Yeah. I've heard that a lot this past week.

My BIL came down with vertigo over the winter, hospitalized him for a couple days, he hasn't felt comfortable in it this year. He also made a very large purchase on a park model travel trailer for some property he had in northern MI. So for those reasons he was ready to part with it.

·
Never Stop Starting
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everybody at one time has been a newbie......welcome from Missouri

Not Mr. know-it-all here but a word to the wise, keep your wife off it till you really bond with that scooter and get the feel real good, you will do you and her a favor in that regards and take a riding course after you practice in a parking lot....empty of course...just sayin.

Ride safe and especially watch out for the idiots on their cell phone texting.
Agreed Sarge. We will not be riding 2up for quite some time.

And yes I'm doing some parking lot practice and taking the 4 day New Riders Course in October at my local Harley dealer. Haven't even road it on the street at all yet.

Reactions: Bikersarge

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
American
28,662 Posts
Welcome from Indiana. Sweet ride!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Another welcome from Missouri...
Colt.45

·
Never Stop Starting
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Never Stop Starting
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcoming replies. Ready to get well acquainted with this forum.
Cheers as I sip this beer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts