Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several of us from SE US are considering another trip “out west”, Utah, Az, Co, New Mex... etc. Have there been any recent challenges w/state officials due to COVID? I’ve heard that some of the Native lands have restricted travel. Can anyone confirm?

·
Road Junkie
1,917 Posts
Situation remains very fluid. National Parks are opening in phases, so best to check the specific areas of interest. Hoover Dam is closed to visitors indefinitely.

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
As Radar stated, "Situation remains very fluid." And to further complicate matters, not all cities within any given state are going by the same rules. I would be checking with the Tourism folks, Chamber of Commerces, etc. in the various cities you may be visiting and/or staying over in.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I live and ride in the SW. I do a lot of touring. Two weeks ago I rode 7 western states.

When making motel reservations you'll think there is no pandemic. Lots of people are traveling and some motels are full. Actually some of those people in motels are local and staying due to Covid-19. Overall motels are not an issue. Worse case you may have to call a couple motels.

Restaurants are open but many have tables 6 feet apart.

Very few roads are closed. One example is Monument Valley is closed. It's a great motorcycle road but you can get around it.

I say go for it. Come enjoy the west.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was out there about 6 weeks ago when CO and NM were just opening up and Texas mostly open. Went from southwest CO through NM to Big Bend State Park (the federal park was still closed at that time). We mostly camp, but did stay in one motel. We found no troubles at all with getting food, gas, etc. We just wore our bandanas, and when needed pulled them up. However, every time I do that I want to say "stick-em-up." So, I say go and have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts