Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
old scoot coot
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've never been to louisiana or mississippi. i'm planning to head down through arkansas into these states in early october. i would love to eat some cajun food, hear some cajun music( which i have always loved) and meet some cajun folks along the way. i'll have camping gear with me. motels ok too. be riding my road king so would like to stay on asphalt two lane scenic roads off the slabs, ect. i could sure use some suggestions on route, earthy places to visit and definitely cajun folks, food and music. im a kansas country boy that has always been full of respect and wonderment for the cajun culture. any suggestions would be ever so much appreciated. tommy

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,469 Posts
Lots of good riding in the northern part of LA. For your Cajun experience, I'd suggest you make it down to Lake Charles and pick up Hwy 14 and roll on it to New Iberia. You'll get a good look at Cajun Country and have a few opportunities to maybe hear some Zydeco music along the way on local stations and a few of the watering holes. Take 90 eastbound at New Iberia and roll into New Orleans via that take 190 east to BR and then 61 to NO. Lots of entertainment and good food in NO. Take 90 east to Mississippi.
BTW, seems to be a growing number of Louisiana and Mississippi riders on this board, so you might get some riding companions along the way.

·
old scoot coot
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks, ever so much, kd! i will definitely go by that route. we may get the chance to talk about it more in eureka springs. you will be the first cajun i ever shook hands with. the order of the universe is truly a wonder to behold. again, thanks i will print your post and stick it in the tour pac. tommy

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Cruising the Coast - Begins October 4th - over 7,293 custom/muscle cars & motorcycles already entered for this years event ! Biloxi , Mississippi which is within spittin distance of NawLins , Louisiana ! Be prepared to be surrounded by Cajuns . I'm from North La. and I can barely understand em . There are some beautiful Cajun women down there & they like to party .

·
old scoot coot
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are you going to new Orleans or the cost??
KD gave you some good routes
no real destination in mind. the routes are more interesting to me. id like to meet some local folks, eat some cajun food and definitely listen to some zydeco music. any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks buckanear. tommy

·
old scoot coot
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cruising the Coast - Begins October 4th - over 7,293 custom/muscle cars & motorcycles already entered for this years event ! Biloxi , Mississippi which is within spittin distance of NawLins , Louisiana ! Be prepared to be surrounded by Cajuns . I'm from North La. and I can barely understand em . There are some beautiful Cajun women down there & they like to party .
thanks for the heads up road. may leave a couple of days early to time arrival to biloxi right. where does the cruise terminate, does everyone leave at same time or day? i might see you there, ill be the old fart on the road king wearing linemans boots. again thanks, tommy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts