Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a ride the other day I found a crack resembling a Nike Swoosh extending from the front hinge to the center of the pack. Bike is an 08 Ultra with 24k miles on it. Dealer rejected warranty claim. Lid did not get caught by wind as dealer insinuated. Tether was intact and not stretched. Anyone experience this. Anyone know where I can get a Pacific Blue and Black Tour Pack. ( Checked EBAY ) Thanks, Murph

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think that I would be having issues with the rejected claim. If it did not get caught by the wind then fight the dealer on it. Its the claim adjusters job to reject, and sometime you have to cowboy up on them to get them to do right. Hang in there and start swinging the dealer bat at them.

Let us know whats up.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
yes to both of the above

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
This kind of thing always surprises me, if HD reject the claim at least the dealer tried. if the claim is accepted the dealer gets paid by HD to fit the new one.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Call Harley Customer Service 414-342-4680, explain the situation and request a review by the service rep. It might help in getting the dealerships personnel ass in gear - maybe. Worth a try, and like mentioned above you could always try another delaership, explain the situation, what your dealer WAS unwilling to do, and let them know your looking for a dealership to call home.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
After a ride the other day I found a crack resembling a Nike Swoosh extending from the front hinge to the center of the pack. Bike is an 08 Ultra with 24k miles on it. Dealer rejected warranty claim. Lid did not get caught by wind as dealer insinuated. Tether was intact and not stretched. Anyone experience this. Anyone know where I can get a Pacific Blue and Black Tour Pack. ( Checked EBAY ) Thanks, Murph
Just before Christmas I came out of work one evening and when I went to open my tourpack I discovered the rear latch was broken into three pieces.

I rode over to the local dealership to see about buying one to put on myself. They didn't have one in stock and called me right after Christmas and told me it was in. I rode over to get it and they pulled my bike into the shop, installed the new latch and said the warranty covered it. They washed my bike and sent me on my way.

It's an '07 with 37,000 miles on it.

Can't see how yours wouldn't be covered under warranty unles you have a lousy dealership.

·
Super Moderator
12,734 Posts
fhog, take a minute and introduce yourself in the new members area. Then go find another dealership.

Welcome!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just heard from MOCO and they are going to warranty the replacement. Should be here in 6 to 8 weeks. Anyone know where I can get some of that NASCAR 100 MPH tape to cover it in the meantime? Thanks, Murph

·
Registered
473 Posts
Good to go,:hero: glad to see that MOCO stepped up. You can check walmart / lowes / home depot for some HD duct tape.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I take it you are talking about the motor company. I hope you went back to the dealer to thank him for the help and inform him for all the help he gave you you will get your service and parts at another dealer who will step up to the plate when you have a problem with your bike.
Take care nd ride safe
GaryM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts