Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
I have a 2015 Road glide And wanting to know if a older Tour pack will fit on the new quick disconnet hardware
The hardware is wider than the old
I have a 2015 RGS and a tour pack. Older tour packs will not fit. I also found out that the older sundowner seats will not fit with the new tourpacks. In addition to this the speaker pods for the tour pack are different.
I was at the dealer on Friday and found this all out.

·
Just Ride
3,887 Posts
Older (09-13) luggage rack fits. Curious why it won't.

·
HULK7
182 Posts
I have a 2015 Road glide And wanting to know if a older Tour pack will fit on the new quick disconnet hardware
The hardware is wider than the old
I have a 2014 SGS And I have the 2013 Razor pack on my bike! I bought the 2014 detachable kit and placed my razor pack to the 2014 detachable kit! (NOTE )bags will not open with razor pack attached! Doors on bag hit outside under carriage of tour pack! That's why I purchased the detachable kit so I can lift pack and still use bags as needed! Older tour packs are wider than new style. Due to new style lids and older tour packs being wider than new style is the issue on proper fitting! Again you can add older tour packs to new 2014 and newer detachable kit if you don't mind lifting tour pack! I didn't have to do any extra customization to inure proper fitting! I placed detachable tour Pac locks for extra security![ ATTACH]316930[/ATTACH] Floor Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle
Motorcycle accessories Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Exhaust system

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
I have a 2014 SGS And I have the 2013 Razor pack on my bike! I bought the 2014 detachable kit and placed my razor pack to the 2014 detachable kit! (NOTE )bags will not open with razor pack attached! Doors on bag hit outside under carriage of tour pack! That's why I purchased the detachable kit so I can lift pack and still use bags as needed! Older tour packs are wider than new style. Due to new style lids and older tour packs being wider than new style is the issue on proper fitting! Again you can add older tour packs to new 2014 and newer detachable kit if you don't mind lifting tour pack! I didn't have to do any extra customization to inure proper fitting! I placed detachable tour Pac locks for extra security![ ATTACH]316930[/ATTACH] View attachment 316938 View attachment 316946

Two words.........

Garage envy!!!

·
HULK7
182 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just curious about the quick release Touring Pak kit. I understand they have to do something with the brake lights since when the trunk is removed you still need brake lights.... how do they handle that? Also when the trunk is re-installed do the trunk lights work again.....in other words does the kit come with some sort of electrical quick disconnect/re-connect type of plug??

Since I never saw one demonstrated is the quick realease really "quick"?

·
Registered
13,192 Posts
I have a 2014 SGS And I have the 2013 Razor pack on my bike! I bought the 2014 detachable kit and placed my razor pack to the 2014 detachable kit! (NOTE )bags will not open with razor pack attached! Doors on bag hit outside under carriage of tour pack! That's why I purchased the detachable kit so I can lift pack and still use bags as needed! Older tour packs are wider than new style. Due to new style lids and older tour packs being wider than new style is the issue on proper fitting! Again you can add older tour packs to new 2014 and newer detachable kit if you don't mind lifting tour pack! I didn't have to do any extra customization to inure proper fitting! I placed detachable tour Pac locks for extra security![ ATTACH]316930[/ATTACH] View attachment 316938 View attachment 316946

Gives it low mean look, very cool. Want your garage........:thumbsup

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Just curious about the quick release Touring Pak kit. I understand they have to do something with the brake lights since when the trunk is removed you still need brake lights.... how do they handle that? Also when the trunk is re-installed do the trunk lights work again.....in other words does the kit come with some sort of electrical quick disconnect/re-connect type of plug??

Since I never saw one demonstrated is the quick realease really "quick"?
When I bought mine I order the kit that came with light kit the relocation of Antena and yes it had some extra harness but I also changed my rear fender to a CVO fender so I didn't use any of the light kit or extra harness that came in kit. I don't believe for the SGS I needed any of that's stuff. If I kept the stock fender I don't see why I would have needed it. It seems as the light is low enough that the detachable kit wouldn't interfere with tour pack. I spent 500 bucks for the kit and all I used in the kit was the actual detachable bracket and hardware that attaches to bike. I believe all you needed is tour pack mount and hardware that mount to bike. I used the relocation of factory antenna that was in one of the threads where you use your factory antenna and run it along the clutch side of bike under seat and under gas tank. Bike still has perfect receptions. Also the quick release is quick. It takes 10 sec to detach tour packages from bike. I added detachable locks so add 30 more sec to unlock the locks and remove.

·
HULK7
182 Posts
I've been blessed! My wife physical painted the garage for me. I love it! It's the perfect man cave. Going to add a TV next month. Thanks for acknowledging!

Hammer I figured I'll give you a Lil more. I'm proud of my wife effort.

Attachments

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Gives it low mean look, very cool. Want your garage........:thumbsup
Thanks softailbilly I love the low lines also. Gives it that lower rider look without slamming her. I did lower rear end one inch with the burly kit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok, here is my experience. I have the 08 - 13 H-D Detachable two-up
Tour-Pac mounting rack. (53276-09A) The 97 - 13 chopped tour-pac.
My bike is a 2014 Street Glide. The mounting rack fits with no problem.
The tour-pac will work & the bags will open. The tour pac has to be mounted perfectly, this takes some time to get it right. You will probably have to re drill the rack to mount the tour pack. There is about 1/8" clearance on each side to open the bag. A better way would be put a spacer plate (1/2 - 1") between the rack & the bottom of the tour pack. Or un latch the rack & lift up the tour pack to open the bags.
I'm open to any other ideas.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.