Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this fourm, I just bought a 2012 Street Glide, and considering a tour pak. What is my limitations of year and model if I buy a used one? Thanks for any input. Doug

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
09 and up is the split, 08 and down have a different bottom design, than the 09 and up. They can be made to fit the quick detach bracket, with some modifications to the bracket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2stangs8689, thanks for the reply, I kinda understand what your saying about the difference in bottom configuration, is that the only thing I should be concerned with 09 and up? Will a ktp from an ultra fit my bike?

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
The bracket and quick disconnect mounts are the biggest differences. The tourpak can be made to fit, but the brackets themselves cannot. It would be easier to get a tourpak from 09 and up though.

You can put any KTP on your bike, the biggest difference is in the lighting and antenna mounts.

Mine is quick detach as well, and I didn't want the added lights, so I bought a new one from HD.

·
Done
4,154 Posts
'13 SG with all new components from HD. Not cheap but very nice for travel. This is a king pak with a few extras. I have the 4 pt. dock that I usually put the backrest on. If we go on a trip or come fall when I use my chaps or just extra layers it's great. The quick release bracket is probably all that's different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got a deal on a ktp from a 2010 ultra, perfect match on paint and leather, now to go to my HD dealer and get a set of 4 point mounts, can't wait to get it on. Nice bike fat99boy, that's what I'm talking about!! Thanks to all with the great input and inspiration. Will post pics later...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys got the ktp mounted and am very happy how it looks, gonna take it to my HD dealer to get my lights and speakers hooked up, that being said after taking my missus for a test ride she says she is sitting up to straight,my ktp is sitting as it should on the molded bottom of my box. Can I move this back on the mount about 1.5 to 2 inchs? I hope I worded this all correctly, what is my options oh wise ones? Gotta make mama happy!

·
Banned
71 Posts
Ok guys got the ktp mounted and am very happy how it looks, gonna take it to my HD dealer to get my lights and speakers hooked up, that being said after taking my missus for a test ride she says she is sitting up to straight,my ktp is sitting as it should on the molded bottom of my box. Can I move this back on the mount about 1.5 to 2 inchs? I hope I worded this all correctly, what is my options oh wise ones? Gotta make mama happy!
Relocation kit moves it back 2 inches . :thumbsup

:coffee:

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Relo kit is good, but expensive. Pretty easy to fab up some rails to accomplish the same thing. 2010Ultra did it on his '13 Limited. I was able to get the positioning just right for my wife by drilling another set of mounting holes in the bottom of my KTP. Not too hard to do.

--

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Silverback, drilling a few holes will be plan "A",, webco2, I looked on e-bay and found several options, that will be plan "B" I'm sure I will get a good fit for my better half.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts