Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
First attempt at linking a video. If It works, I'll come back and edit in some information: It seems to work, but Photobucket takes a long time to load on my 'puter.

Fairing edge lights are to alert traffic in my blind spot. LED strip from Ebay, cut to length, sticky back supplied about $15 on Ebay. Harley D. Run/Stop/Turn module, turns rear signals into brake lights $55. Small flashing LED lights on saddlebag mount bracket, about $30 from a now out of business shop. All very easy installations, and hopefully will get a cage to notice me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
First attempt at linking a video. If It works, I'll come back and edit in some information: It seems to work, but Photobucket takes a long time to load on my 'puter.

Fairing edge lights are to alert traffic in my blind spot. LED strip from Ebay, cut to length, sticky back supplied about $15 on Ebay. Harley D. Run/Stop/Turn module, turns rear signals into brake lights $55. Small flashing LED lights on saddlebag mount bracket, about $30 from a now out of business shop. All very easy installations, and hopefully will get a cage to notice me.

I was looking at the HD module to turn the turn signals into run/turn/brake lights but wasn't sure what it would look like. Thanks for posting! My bank account won't thank you as now will be buying this module asap.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I know this is an old thread....but I just installed the same saddlebag LED R/T/B lights (HD brand) on my 2015 Ultra Limited.
The adhesive tape to use is the 3M Brand VHB (Very High Bond) tape. Once placed on a cleaned surface and allowed to cure 24 hours it's on for good!

BTW....the HD LED Saddlebag Run/Turn/Brake lights are GREAT! As someone who doesn't do anything electrical very well (I'm electrically "challenged"...lol) the install was super easy and took less than 45 minutes (and I work slow).

I originally had planned on having my dealer install them but when they quoted $100 in labor I figured I give it a try myself. Believe me, IF I can do it a monkey can do it. Only two plug and play connections under the seat and that was about it. As one who is somewhat paranoid about cars coming up and stopping behind me, I'm a firm believer that you can never have enough light in the front AND in the rear! At $229 retail they are pricey but they are on Ebay from time to time. I got my set off Ebay for $165.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts