Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home to Raleigh area, last night on the road. Eleven thousand (11,000) miles, 17 states, 44 days, 250 gallons of gas, 2 oil changes and a set of tires. Riding a 14 Limited. Floor Concrete Architecture Flooring Roof Vehicle Sky Road Highland Tree Body of water Coast Sea Sky Headland Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport Landmark Sky Water Tower Bridge Formation Badlands Rock Historic site Geology Motorcycle Vehicle Mode of transport Motorcycle accessories Motorcycling

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Wow!

That's some serious touring! Well done, sir.

--

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,053 Posts
Great trip. One of those wonderful things about the big bikes is that you can make those amazing trips as you have. Hope I have enough left in my old carcass to try to do it one more time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
What a great ride! And it looks like you were just a few miles from my house in Concord CA. I see you were at Arlen Ness in Dublin only 13 miles from me. The Golden Gate, 20 miles from me. Please share more pics if you have them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow. When I grow up, I want to be just like you! It should take another 18 months.
Welcome home.

af

·
luv the low country
20,653 Posts
Very well done Flyboy. Those are trips that need to be done at least once in a lifetime. I did a trip like that back in '73, something I'll never forget. I am going to do one more before I hang it up.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Epic trip! I'm jealous. I'm also jealous that you got 44 mpg. Nice.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've done a similar trip, only lasted 40 days though, the thrill of a lifetime.

I would do it again in a heartbeat. I hope it will be possible to do again within a year or two.

Anyone who has the opportunity, Go, do it, you'll have great stories to tell forever.

Congratulations, Flyboy, way to go! :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Nice trip, I'd love to roll for weeks and months on end.
Was the Road King home stewing because you took the Limited?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Very cool Can't wait till I can disappear like that.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice job. I'm 2 days away from the end of my 14-day 2,500 mile trip. That pales in comparison to yours! I figure mine is a warm-up for a trip that I'm going to plan for when I retire from the military. Your 44 day trip is giving me inspiration.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That is awesome! glad you made it home safe and sound Please more pictures Please! That's what they make those big bikes for!

·
Señor Member
19,834 Posts
Do you even ride, bro? Hahahahaha! Welcome home.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts