Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of my friends and I are going to ride our bikes from Phoenix to New Orleans at the end of November. Does anyone have any info on which route to take and places to see on the way. We were thinking about going thru El Paso, and then ride along the beaches until we reach New Orleans. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the ideas, I will get online and check Big Bend and the Hill Country and the Coast sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
327 Posts
There aren’t many beach roads in Texas. You can get to the town of Surfside Beach south of Galveston then ride north through Galveston and take the Bolivar Ferry to US-71 on Bolivar Peninsula and follow it but only for about 20-30 miles then it stops and you have to go north back to I-10. All this depends on if it is open to the public, this was ground zero for hurricane Ike. Actually I would recommend against it due to the fact there is nothing left out there, no gas, no people, no stores, I don’t even know if the road is still there or if it’s passable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I think your right, not sure if we could even get close to the beach right now. We may wait and tour the southern states later, with all the destruction i'm sure it would not be much to look at. And like you said no gas or lodging. Thanks anyway!

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Thanks for the info, I think your right, not sure if we could even get close to the beach right now. We may wait and tour the southern states later, with all the destruction i'm sure it would not be much to look at. And like you said no gas or lodging. Thanks anyway!
Ha!:rofl: wasnt much down there before the huricane's that's why the weather channel only reports from New Orleans or Galveston.
It aint big city enough for the cultured. But it's fine for down home types.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts