Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is planning to go to their local toy run? I will be going to the 28th ann. N.W.S.J.H.R TOY RUN to Boys & Girls country.(Houston Tx.) I started going to this toy run in 1990. This will be my 18th year in a row to attend. I have also been their auctionier sence 1992. Christmas ain't Christmas without the toy run. If you have never went to one, please make it a point to try it this year. I'm sure you will love it. Nothing beats going and helping out some kids who need it. RamRod P.S. If you want to see pictures of past toy runs in Houston look up S.J.H.R.'s web page.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Thats a very cool thing to do. We are expecting snow changing to heavy rain Sunday. Of course that is the toy run day. It's nice to have you here Ramrod. Welcome!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Houston's weather this Sunday (Dec 2nd) will be 80 deg's with a 30% chance of rain. Santa rides rain or shine.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Toys for Tots is held on the first Sunday in December here in Chicago. When the bike and I were both living in the city, we went every year. It was fun turning on the TV that night to see how many folks we knew made the evening news. When the bike and I moved to Waukegan, we would drive down and leave our toys at the armory - since I liked riding toward the front of the parade, it meant we'd have to be up/out/on the road at 5:30 am to make it down to the south side of the city (or out west to meet my friends). When the bike and I moved to Iowa, we gave it up altogether. I was looking forward to going again this year but she's not in running condition, and there are only a few people on this planet with whom I will ride bitch. Too bad, cuz even tho it was sloppy-wet, the weather was fairly warm.

Hopefully next year :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts