Harley Davidson Forums banner

1341 - 1360 of 1374 Posts

·
Noel
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,341
Massachusetts is beginning the reopening process!

Among other activities, shooting ranges are reopening, firearms retailers reopened recently based on a 2A lawsuit!

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,996 Posts
I think this guy is using Kainam's clues to identifying bad science...
April 28
Infectious disease expert slams study that panned hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19 treatment: 'It's a sham'

Infectious disease expert Dr. Stephen Smith told "The Ingraham Angle" Monday night that a study published last week indicating the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine showed no benefit for coronavirus patients in U.S. veterans hospitals was a "sham."

"I've no idea why [University of Virginia School of Medicine opthamology professor Dr. Jayakrishna Ambati] delved into this study, which isn't a study. It's a sham," Smith said. "I can't believe anyone took this seriously. There's not one dosage listed, cumulative or daily, of hydroxychloriquine or anthromicin. And people call this a study."

The research, which was published in the medRxiv online depository and has not been peer-reviewed,
analyzed the medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28 percent of patients who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died versus 11 percent of those getting routine care alone. About 22 percent of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died too, but the difference between that group and usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.

"Not one person in that paper saw one COVID patient. Only three are MDs [and] all [those] are ophthalmology trained," Smith said of the research. "It's a sham. It's a shame on UVA. I sent an email to the dean of the medical school at UVA. I have not heard back from them. It is an embarrassment that UVA allows this thing to be called a study."
Barr claims media 'jihad' against Trump over promotion of anti-malaria drug
04/09/20

"The stridency of the partisan attacks on [Trump have] gotten higher and higher," he said. "The politicization of decisions like hydroxychloroquine, it’s been amazing to me."

"Before the president said anything about it, there was [a] fair and balanced drug of this very promising drug," Barr continued. "And the fact that it had such a long track record, the risks were pretty well-known. As soon as Trump said something positive about it, the media’s been on a jihad to discredit the drug."

·
Registered
21,801 Posts

·
Registered
38,134 Posts
My local grocery store has started expanding their hours. Open till midnight now instead of 8 PM, which means I will be able to grab stuff after work again.

·
Registered
38,134 Posts
I hear ya, but I cant tell the grocery stores what hours to be open.

·
Registered
21,801 Posts
Illinois Lawmaker Floats Legislation to Give Governor Pritzker the Power to Confiscate Property Including Cars, Trucks, Food, Gas, Animals, Clothing, etc

·
Try'n to behave
5,636 Posts
I hear ya, but I cant tell the grocery stores what hours to be open.
All you need is a LA riot credit card

0% interest.

·
Registered
21,801 Posts
He needs a lawyer ASAP ....he could try sending AG Barr a letter or try Tweetering him to get the cops out of his business. He could also file charges.

Civil Rights violation. 18 USC §242

§242. Deprivation of rights under color of law
Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
My county had its first COVID death. The story pointed out it was not due to COVID, but because it was "suspected" (not confirmed) that COVID was involved "per federal rules" the death was ruled as COVID. At the fire department training last night, I learned the man who died was 100 YEARS OLD. Stupid.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,996 Posts
I just had a grim realization, none of us will live long enough for the shit-storm that will follow this to become old news. As tired as we are of hearing about it, it will never be over.

·
Noel
8,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,359
Might be just as good a time to get back to a state of normal and let the chips fall where they may, plenty of negatives for either scenario regarding our general well being and the nations finances as a whole, basically damned if we do damned if we don't.

1341 - 1360 of 1374 Posts