1381 - 1400 of 1430 Posts

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,381

·
Registered
22,132 Posts
Over 1,000 ‘Health Experts’ Sign Letter of Support for Black Lives Matter Mob but Conservative Protesters are Racist and Must Stay at Home due to COVID-19

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,043 Posts
IMHO, these stats are nearly irrelevant, without info on new hospitalizations. I don't think you can even tell from most reports like this if the numbers are "active" cases or presence of antibodies, indicating probable immunity, or both mixed, as if they are equivalent.

·
Try'n to behave
5,771 Posts
^I think he was going more for a "look at what these dumbasses who are protesting caused..." kind of thing, but I may be wrong.

Reactions: Kainam

·
Registered
22,132 Posts
Brilliant! North Carolina’s Ace Speedway Opens Over Weekend by Declaring Saturday Night’s Race a ‘Peaceful Protest’

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,388
IR-2020-115, June 8, 2020
WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today reminded taxpayers to guard against tax fraud and other related financial scams related to COVID-19.

In the last few months, the IRS Criminal Investigation division (CI) has seen a variety of Economic Impact Payment (EIP) scams and other financial schemes looking to take advantage of unsuspecting taxpayers. CI continues to work with law enforcement agencies domestically and abroad to educate taxpayers about these scams and investigate the criminals perpetrating them during this challenging time.........................

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,389
So the markets tanked today on fears of a prolonged recovery !!!

Only issue I see in yesterday and today's COVID19 stats are the "medical recovery" has slowed substantially, there is a tiny up tick in infection rate and a slowing of the rate if death ( a good measure), now why all this is spooking the financial analysts, I do not understand.

Marie's broker took a less defensive position on 6/8 and that move puts her investment recovery upside down as of this evening, if the financials were as they feared then he would have NOT moved out of safer holdings, something else has got to be going on 💰💵🔫

·
Registered
22,132 Posts
EXCLUSIVE: Bill Gates Negotiated $100 Billion Contact Tracing Deal With Democratic Congressman Sponsor of Bill Six Months BEFORE Coronavirus Pandemic

·
Registered
38,489 Posts
Restaurants supposed to be able to operate at full capacity starting next Monday around my area.

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,392
Copied from a FB friend:

I'm not looking for a debate this is just my opinion!

So Masks?
Copied from a friend

I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I wanna cover 3 things

• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay so upon further inspection OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Walmart and the guy with Covid has N95 mask his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Walmart’s (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out)

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGG these masks very Very quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask with render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it You become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment”

Cloth masks: today three people pointed to their masks as the walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” the “pshh’d” me.

By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks health. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

Ultimate Answer: N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale. (Like a vacuum bag it only works one way)

Cloth masks are WORSE than none.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work.

Wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Wash your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons. But trust me. The masks do not work.
*Occupational Safety & Health Administration sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.
If your mask gives you security wear it, just know it is a false sense of security.

If stores stopped enforcing it no one would continue this nonsense. Masks are not caring.

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,394
IHME model updated today 6/15, moved out the peak projection from 8/4 to 10/1 with anticipated deaths at or over 201,129

·
Wayward Son
23,255 Posts
Am I the only one aware that the bottom mask was never intended to prevent inhalation of the virus?
It is only intended to block saliva and/or sneeze droplets, potentially containing the virus, from spraying when expelled.
An N95, or better, is needed to actually filter the wearers air when inhaling.

If that mask is controlling your mind, take it off your head for fück sake.
Not meant to be worn as a hat.

Reactions: RJ64

·
Retired citizen
23,098 Posts
Had a Covid19 scare this week. I had symptoms, difficult breathing, chest pains, aching body and no energy. I contacted my health care provider and they ordered me into the ER, If I couldn't get a ride they were going pick me up.
My daughter took me to the hospital and they were waiting for me at reception. Immediately put me in a wheelchair and drove me into the bowels of the ER where they too were waiting for me. I was feeling like royalty !
The technicians hooked me up to all their machines and stuck some really big needles into both my arms along with a multitude of sensors stuck all over my chest and abdomen, 10 of them in all. Then they did the Covid19 test, swabbing inside my sinus cavity which wasn't all that bad.
Then the chest X-Ray which produced some results, turns out I contracted pneumonia ! Pneumonia produces similar symptoms to Covid19 and that was the scare. Now I'm home bound recovering from the pneumonia with meds.
My Covid19 test results took 24 hours and yesterday I got a call from the hospital that my test results came back negative. WhoopDeeDo I'm clean !
Moral of this story, if ya feel sick get your ass in and get checked out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Am I the only one aware that the bottom mask was never intended to prevent inhalation of the virus?
It is only intended to block saliva and/or sneeze droplets, potentially containing the virus, from spraying when expelled.
An N95, or better, is needed to actually filter the wearers air when inhaling.

If that mask is controlling your mind, take it off your head for fück sake.
Not meant to be worn as a hat.

We have to wear that one at work. I hate it but at least we didn't close. 2 folks here ended up getting the covid but got it outside the plant and are home on quarantine.

1381 - 1400 of 1430 Posts