Harley Davidson Forums banner

1401 - 1420 of 1430 Posts

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,042 Posts
Glad you're ok Schmidty, there have been pneumonia shots available for the last few years, especially recommended for seniors, optional along-side flu shots. As I recall Prevnar-13 then a year later the second, PPSV23 or Pneumovax. Question for Schmidty, did you get either or both of those vaccinations? Just asking... to see if they helped or didn't.

·
Registered
38,489 Posts

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,042 Posts
If you see the breathless twisted news report "Texas Hospitals ICU near capacity!!"
Disputing that report, the CEO says running at 80-90% capacity is common, and ICU capacity is adjustable by need..

..and "...almost 30% of ICU beds.." are corona-virus. Doesn't really sound so dire.

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,408
If you see the breathless twisted news report "Texas Hospitals ICU near capacity!!"
Disputing that report, the CEO says running at 80-90% capacity is common, and ICU capacity is adjustable by need..

..and "...almost 30% of ICU beds.." are corona-virus. Doesn't really sound so dire.
Thanks..... I was wondering what the real unbiased news was in TX, all the MSM are panicking.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,042 Posts
Daily huge numbers of new test results seem to be proving the long suspected "10X as many as previously known have had asymptomatic C-19", so long as they are not distinguishing clearly the number of new hospitalizations, the data is junk-science, in terms of public heath crisis. Pisses me off that even the people who know the difference, like Gov. Greg Abbott, is not speaking plain.

A week ago, they opened up hospitals to elective procedures, for the first time in months, so mostly empty hospitals filled up. Every patient is tested, I am certain EITHER a positive antibodies or virus test is labelled a "new C-19 hospital admission," even if asymptomatic, and they send you home after bunion or hernia surgery.

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,410
A week ago, they opened up hospitals to elective procedures, so mostly empty hospitals filled up. Every patient is tested, I am certain EITHER a positive antibodies or virus test is labelled a "new C-19 hospital admission," even if asymptomatic, and they send you home after bunion or hernia surgery.
That is exactly what my brother is saying, he is working many more elective and non-emergency cases now, all get the screening and then surgery.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,042 Posts
Noel, your brother could confirm, if a person is non-symptomatic, do they confirm negative before surgery? And if a patient is confirmed positive but non-symptomatic, do they get sent home, or get the procedure as if there was no problem?

·
Retired citizen
23,098 Posts
Glad you're ok Schmidty, there have been pneumonia shots available for the last few years, especially recommended for seniors, optional along-side flu shots. As I recall Prevnar-13 then a year later the second, PPSV23 or Pneumovax. Question for Schmidty, did you get either or both of those vaccinations? Just asking... to see if they helped or didn't.
They didn't offer in the ER, they just tested to see what was ailing me and especially if I was Covid19. Covid19 negative but pneumonia instead. What the hell, either way I'm sick right ? I just ain't spreading nothing around.
They have me on a second round of antibiotics now and it's raising hell with me, big time diarrhea, never know when it's gonna happen !!! Afraid to sit in my car with the leather seats !
I made a note to ask my Doc about those shots, thanks.

·
Noel
8,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,414

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,274 Posts
As I follow this thing, particularly mathematically, I have had to go back to some ancient texts on my bookshelf and review statistics from the ground up. Later, as I heard all of the on the tube lectures from the "experts" about statistics an studies and science and percolated bull$#!t, I reviewed some of my grad school statistics stuff, and so far, I have to wonder if I should file suit for having paid for junk education or these scientists and on the tube alarmists are blowing high quality smoke up our collective butts. So much of the info being spewed out there is in the WTF???? category.....almost makes me want to go out in a crowded grocery store and breathe on a bunch of people without my mask.

·
Registered
38,489 Posts
Those are some of the texts that I didnt keep.... Statistics.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
They didn't offer in the ER, they just tested to see what was ailing me and especially if I was Covid19. Covid19 negative but pneumonia instead. What the hell, either way I'm sick right ? I just ain't spreading nothing around.
They have me on a second round of antibiotics now and it's raising hell with me, big time diarrhea, never know when it's gonna happen !!! Afraid to sit in my car with the leather seats !
I made a note to ask my Doc about those shots, thanks.
Seems I was about 65 or so when, at a yearly routine visit, my Doc told me about, and recommended, both the shot for pneumonia and a separate shot for shingles. Sure, I'll take 'em both in addition to a regular flu shot. Hey, if they gots the shots for something I'll take the shots every time. Can't hurt. Got one for rabies? VD?

And it seems like I remember that the pneumonia shot wasn't given in the Doc' office but had to be given somewhere like an immediate care center or something like that. Got the shingles and flu shots at the Doc's. Then, later, I think the pneumonia shot was "improved" or something, and maybe it then started consisting of two shots instead of one. And if it's two now I don't know if I ever got or needed the second one. Due back in for yearly exam in July, will try to get updated.

I mean there really ain't no guarantees, but if they develop a shot that may keep me from getting something I'll take it.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,274 Posts
Yeah, I had to go to the local drug store to get my pneumonia shot. I think I need the 2nd one...guess that'd give me something to leave the house to do today now that the grass cutting is officially over for the week.

1401 - 1420 of 1430 Posts