Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always been interested in a bagger. Just wanted an opinion on if i might regret not having the softail?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I traded my Heritage Softail for an Electra Glide Classic. I do not regret it at all, but it is different.

A bagger is a bigger, heavier, clunkier bike. All that is great for 200-300 miles on the highway, but if you are mostly hopping around town, you might regret it.

You also can't really stretch out on an Electra Glide (unless you are shorter) They sit differently. I think the FXST has forward controls. That, coupled with that sense of sitting "in" a Softail verses on it, is quite different than the Ultra.

But, once you get the Ultra out on the road and feel the way it rides at highway speed, you'' certainly see the appeal. It also handles remarkably well- better than a Softail, IMO.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I traded my '07 FXST for a new road glide and have no regrets. Especially since when we ride its usually 200 or 400 miles in a day and the trips too. Around town it's a little bit harder moving it around then the softy but there's alot more bike but u get use to it around town. Love my glide

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Just Wastin Time
274 Posts
Traded my 2000 FXSTB for a 2010 FLHTC (EG Classic) and would do it all over again.. Bagger is smoother and a helluva lot more comfy..

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
I thonk.it all depends on your style and preference of riding. Im a bigger guy and i have an ultra and i love it on long hauls but i enjoy it just as much on my work commute of 16 miles. Best thing to do is
Reflect on the riding you do and go rent an ultra for a day or two, do the normal riding and see how you like it.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
I have both and after about 10 miles on my softail.. I ask myself....why the hell didn't you ride the Ultra...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts