Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice. 1000 miles experience on an 08, Sportster 1200L. 5'7 Male, 150 lbs. Not sure what Dyna model would be a good fit for me. Not sure what the advantages would be, salesman was pretty vague, just looking to upsell me. I liked the low rider but not the price. Any suggestions?

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
The Street Bob has a low price and a 1" lower seat height than your 1200L.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,503 Posts
When it comes to straddling and walking and backing the bike in a parking lot, I believe you'd find a V-Rod feels and handles like a much lighter bike that any Dyna, to me it even feels lighter than a Sportster.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Hi Chuck welcome. Something else to consider if you go to the Dyna, (or any bike) you can change to a narrow(er) seat, and that would allow you more length when you put your legs down.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think, if your loan and payment situation permits, you should up it to a Street Bob from 2008, if possible, or a 2009 Fat Bob. The 1200L has the lowest resale value of the XL1200 line-up... so this is a great opportunity for you. Your height, weight is fine. You'll find that the mid-controls suit you well. The bike will be quite a bit heavier, but I suggest you beat it to the punch by eating a great deal of McDonalds before you sign the papers. (Just kidding!)

·
Registered
541 Posts
You could just keep the XL1200L, and start a "Learn to Ride a Harley" company. It's the easiest H-D to learn on. Just an idea. I get 30% of the profits, by the way.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looking for some advice. 1000 miles experience on an 08, Sportster 1200L.
I do 500+ miles a week on my 08 Sporty. Used to own a Dyna FXDX.
Sporty is better in metro traffic.

If you are gonna be goning on trips, the Dyna on the open road is wonderful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I traded my nightster in on a super glide. That was the best thing i could have done. Of course, on a sat or sun, i may ride 6-10 hrs. I think the best description i have seen for the super glide is that its a sportster on steroids that rides like a cadillac. Now, coming from a nightster, im pretty sure anything is more of a comfortable ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts