Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the new Road Glides since they came out. I went to my local dealer last week and was insulted what they wanted to give me for my Ultra on trade. So this morning we drove to a dealer about 60 miles away mostly to do some tire kicking. I recognized the GM and told him what I needed for my trade, and I aimed about $1000 more than I would actually take. He said let me run some numbers and bam he said he would do the deal. The wife said go ahead pull the trigger. Needless to say she didn't have to tell me twice, and I didn't wait for her to have second thoughts either. I bought backrest and footboards and hammock seat for the wife's comfort. Drove it home this evening. I do have a question that I'm hoping to find insight on. While pulling out of the dealer I realized my boot wouldn't fit under shifter so I had to heel it all the way home. Is there a way to adjust front shifter pedal so it's a little higher? I'm not much of a heel shifter so I'm hoping there is. Other than that, what an amazing ride and what a difference with the frame mounted fairing over the bat wing. I can wait to take it for a few hundred mile day. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Wow!!!! Congrats.

Shifter is a easy adjustment. Just remove the bolt, slide it off the splined shaft, and move it to the desired position. Don't forget the Lactate when reinstalling.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man sounds easy enough. I'll do it in the morning as I'm installing back rest and foot boards for the little lady.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nice looking ride. I've never ridden a road glide. Everyone mentions the stability over the batwing. Can u explain how it is different a little more? Is it because it's mounted different? I know it's probably something u have to experience first hand, but wondering if you could help me understand. Congrats again and ride safe.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The batwing fairing found on Ultra and Streetglide is mounted on the handlebars. When driving highway speeds with crosswinds, tractor trailers as the wind hits the fairing it transfers to the handlebars causing buffeting. You sometimes have to literally fight the wind and the fairing to prevent as much front end shaking wobbling. With the Road Glide the fairing is mounted on the frame so all that buffeting isn't affecting your arms or handling near as much as the bat wing fairing. Also, even lifting the bike off the kickstand it feels much lighter because you are not having the weight of the fairing on your handlebars. If you get a chance to Demo one I highly recommend it. Don't get me wrong I loved my Ultra and it served me well for many miles, but I knew 3 miles down the road what a more comfortable enjoyable ride the Glide was. Just my opinion, and I will always have a fond spot in my heart and on my butt for the Ultras

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Lactate? Why would breast milk help the shifter?

Man that Bike almost looks like yours...

I'm always thinking about tits, so it just came out naturally.

Loctite would probably be better. :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for the comments. Felt like Christmas happened May 1. Didn't expect this to happen so quick, but getting treated beyond fair at the dealership and them giving me $4000 over book on my trade, I couldn't walk away. Plus it's so much easier having a supportive wife who loves to ride almost as much as me. Now, with my wife still tucked safely in bed, off to install some accessories.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Thanks everyone for the comments. Felt like Christmas happened May 1. Didn't expect this to happen so quick, but getting treated beyond fair at the dealership and them giving me $4000 over book on my trade, I couldn't walk away. Plus it's so much easier having a supportive wife who loves to ride almost as much as me. Now, with my wife still tucked safely in bed, off to install some accessories.

6 weeks till the Collision, plenty of time to get ready. :D

·
Banned
71 Posts
Did you hear about the 'ol boy they found passed out in the barn???
Seems that he "plugged into" the milking machine, only problem is ...it don't stop until it get 6 quarts . :eek

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm always thinking about tits, so it just came out naturally.

Loctite would probably be better. :D
Wow, I wish I knew you meant loctite earlier. My wife woke to me squeezing her nip and asked what the hell I was doing. I said 2Stang from the harley forum said I needed to get some of to adjust the shifter pedal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts