Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
just a regular guy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need more storage space for traveling and although I enjoy my 05 Fat Boy, the bags are too small. I am looking to trade for a 2010 Ultra Classic at a dealer.
I test drove the UC yesterday and was shocked with the vibration at idle compared to the 88B on my FB.
Dealer says it's normal.
Is this true or should I be concerned? The UC only has 2800 miles. That's why I wanted it, with low miles.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
it is completely normal at idle. smoother at speed

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Yup both my 10 and 13, both new when i got them, idle so rough you cant use the mirrors, but crack the throttle just a few 100 rpm up and its as smooth as a babies butt. Completely normal. Why would anyone want a smooth harley??? It just aint right.....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
just a regular guy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have an 05 Nighttrain with 88B and a 2010 UC with the 96, and the key is in the B of the 88B as these motors are counter balanced, although this may rob a small amount of power they are far smoother at idle. As long as the UC smooths out with increased RPM, then this is completely normal.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
It is interesting. I went from a Heritage to a Electra Glide.

The "B "motor, while it is very smooth at idol, it has this odd buzz at highway speeds. The "A" motor on the touring bike is actually smoother at cruising speed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
It is interesting. I went from a Heritage to a Electra Glide.

The "B "motor, while it is very smooth at idol, it has this odd buzz at highway speeds. The "A" motor on the touring bike is actually smoother at cruising speed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
:thumbsup

·
just a regular guy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Picked up the new bike yesterday. Yes, it smooths out right away. Still can't believe it only had 2800 miles on it. At $17,500 I think I got a good deal.
I am looking forward to putting lots of miles on it.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
Ye are the bless ed who step from the darkness unto the light for they will discover true happiness and will smile upon thy FLH for eternity.

·
just a regular guy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll take a pic and post tomorrow.

·
Old guy
149 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot...
Pics?

·
just a regular guy
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has taken a while top figure it out, but I think I attached a pic.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts