Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am real close to trading my 08 Sportster 1200L for a 09 Fatboy. At 5'7, 150lbs, the stock seat doesn't work for me. I need to change the seat so my feet are comfortably flat on the ground and I am closer to the handlebars. Any suggestions on a seat or comments on my choice of bikes?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 91 fatboy and I am 5'8". The seat I got is a mustang 75490 and it put me in such a perfect position on the bike that it became a totally different experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi There,

My 2009 fatboy juz arrived at the dealership, it will sit there for another 3 weeks waiting for parts (am in Indonesia ).

Am upgrading the exhaust to the V&H BSS as well as breather kit and chip upgrade.

Beside that also putting on the complete Willie G skull collection and front fork, mustache and some other odd bits

Am now looking for some saddle shields.

BTW, i got the blue pacific pearl model.

Rgds
N:woo

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
put a badlander seat on it, should put you about 2 inches or more closer to the ground, as far as getting closer to the bars, should be 4 little bolts that hold the cap on the risers that in turn hold the bars in any given position, loosen said bolts, pull bars back to a good comfy position, retighten bolts, go for a ride

P.S. if you do adjust the bars you will have to readjust the mirrors, better to do that b4 taking the ride. and loc-tite is your friend

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
:hidesbehind get a v rod !! lol.....

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
The more I see the V-Rod 3OM, the more I like it. My dealer had a demo at the end of last summer for $10,500. It surely made me think.....

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts