Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Lil My only thoughts on that is would you trust your bike on it??
Theres a lot of joints a it seem like it would bounce.
I wish they showed it being pulled down the road.
In a emergency yes anything else I would Tim Taylor it.Plus no rain protection.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It scares the life out of me. I wouldn't put my bike on it unless a long line of experienced riders with their favorite rides went ahead of me. It was recommended on another board. :eek:

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I can't see how that thing could be DOT approved, looks like one good old Indiana pothole would have pieces of bike and trailer all over the place
I think that's why you get the bag.:lol8

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
for 1200 dollars i think i could find other MUCH better options

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
for 1200 dollars i think i could find other MUCH better options

Hi Olive, yeasss for half that you can get a decent lawn and garden
trailer and haul all kinda stuff. Just a matter if you got room to store it. This would be like for livin in a Apt. Even still the amount of metal,wheels/etc for that price is nuts. It would probably go down the road but I wouldnt wanna pull it.
For the size I dont think you can routinely carry it around on your Pig like the Literature boasts either.

·
Banned
655 Posts
I can't see how that thing could be DOT approved, looks like one good old Indiana pothole would have pieces of bike and trailer all over the place

I am telling you - we have ducks swimming in some of the potholes around here. LOL That cracked me up. But no - I have a regular trailer (lawn and Garden) one that works fine. Doesn't fit in a bag though?

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
You don't want to tow your bike on a trailer that has no suspension. In addition to that, this type of trailer can be a real dog when it comes to loading and unloading your bike. There is just about nowhere to put your feet down to balance the bike. Rolling a bike backwards down a narrow ramp where you can't put your feet down is a recipe for a trip to the hospital, or worse, and a broken bike.

If the weight of the trailer is not an issue, you can get a good deal on standard "landscaper" style trailers at Home Depot. This type of trailer has a wide drop ramp that is designed for lawn mowers and about all you need to add is a wheel chalk ($39.00 at Harbor Freight) and a couple of eye bolts for your tie-downs. They have good suspensions and can carry a lot of weight safely.

If weight is an issue, then you can buy an aluminum trailer with a wide drop ramp in the $2K to $2.5K range. If you are going far from home, get the 13" tires instead of 12". It's a good idea to carry at least one spare tire and a jack that will fit the trailer.

Bike are heavy and awkward to load and unload. You want to make sure that you can balance the bike everywhere on the trailer.

If it has a wood floor, put down some no-skid. I went out of a trailer backwards on my Sportster this year because of a steep angle and a slippery floor.

Pete

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
hell i can get a custom trailer built that i can pull with my MINI for less than that ! or a decent used kendon

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
$1200 dollars is CHEAP cash in the trailer world, but I wouldn't use it for more then a 10 mile EMERGENCY purpose. I paid over $3500 for my enclosed trailer and the truth is: You get what you pay for.

I didn't read the article, but I'm willing to bet it's NOT for taking your bike to Daytona, from New York.

It's a solution for roadside issues with quick, easy storage. You can buy a folding trailer from Harbor Freight for $300, and a 4x8 sheet of 3/4" plywood to do the same thing, but it doesn't all fit in a bag....

·
Banned
11,040 Posts
Yep I was just gonna buy a trailer fockers are expensive for the same price I got a 4x4 van instead adecent used inclosed is about
2k to2.5k outta control.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts