Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am awaiting a White Brothers/Burly Easyboy Lite Clutch For 91-93 Sportster and my Primary gasket arrived today. I notice when riding and coming to a stop at a red light that if I put it neutral and let the clutch out I hear what sounds like a slight bearing noise. Nothing major. The thing is I don't hear it when shifting from first into neutral only after I let the clutch out in neutral. It remains then until I put it in gear agin. The bike is a 1993 883 XLH Hugger. I have only had the bike a few months and only ride it here and there. I did change out the oil Mobile 1 20 50 W. The drive chain when I got it was super sloppy loose. I adjusted it best I knew how backing off after feeling the tension as the inspection cover bolts are stripped out. I have since today loosened the drive chain a bit more as it may just be the chain running on the adjuster. (Too Tight) Havn't went back out yet Is this a common noise or should I go deeper into it when I get it apart for the EZ Clutch installment? Suggestions or information appreciated. Thanks 5Th mainshaft Needle bearing Drag Specialties 5th Mian Shaft Needle Transmission Bearing 35051 89 | eBay

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update on my post for those who may own a 1993 XLH the Lite boy will not work with the clutch cable angle on these. Not much of a loss got it cheap. I was glad to get inside the primary case and have a look around in there and all looked really good and tight except the clutch slave retaining nut (Loose) which explains why I didn't have much of a friction zone. I did screw up the shift shaft seal and waiting on a replacement then it's ride time. I did take a last ride before ripping it down and it appears the drive chain was a bit too tight although I still hear it rub the adjuster when in neutral. Must just be one of the things Harely's do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts