Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of yall moved your sportster in the back of a short bed chevy? The bed is 6.5 and specs for my 07 xl low are 7.4 or 89.1 inch. with the tailgate down that will add a foot and at an angle im thinking maybe.... Anyone who has tried this let me know. Thanks

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,194 Posts
An amazing assist at loading anything in my fairly tall riding 4dr F250 4x4 is a cheap set of plastic
Rhino Ramps, light and small enough to always have in the back.
Drive the truck's front end up on the ramps, really lowers the tail end a bunch.

Loading a dead car on a long car-hauling trailer that is hooked to the truck is a job,
even with a come-along, the same set of ramps used by driving the truck's back wheels
up on the ramps, lowers the tail end of the trailer almost to the ground.

·
'07 Sportster 1200R
17 Posts
I've never hauled a heavy bike in the back of my pickup, but I just hauled my bike 200 miles using a U-Haul motorcycle trailer. $14.95 per day "Around Town" ... It's low to the ground, with ramp, tiedown hooks, and a nook to chock the front wheel. Much easier, IMO, than getting a heavy bike into the back of a truck.

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
Ive backed a truck into a ditch and just rode my bike into the back of the truck, also have used a loading dock at a grocery store after hours.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys i bought a truck and was considering taking a ride to pick it up. other things worked out..caught a plane ;) too friggan cold up in Tennessee for this skinny white boy to be riddin. Wisconsin for 7 years and florida for 7 months im spoiled. I agree with eveyone on the trailer. easier, more practical, and i can do it alone.
Peace hope you all had a merry Christmas....Nikster

·
Registered
81 Posts
other things that can help are backing up to a neighbors inclined drive way or yard, thus making the ramp angle from your tailgate to the ground significantly less. also some dealerships ( mostly OHV brands like yam, kawi, suzz, ETC) have built large wooden loading ramp/ dock things around back of their buildings to help customers load/ unload thier units, have a look around, make somthin work!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
honestly i always make something work. im just that kind of guy. where there is a will a there is a way.....Boards...ramps...two guys and a truck...hell come on down when it warms up and help me load up..lol.....Peace

1 - 9 of 9 Posts