Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zicke
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning on getting bikes in the States next year. It's just a lot cheaper than renting or bringing our bikes from Germany. A friend in Florida will store them and check on them. Since we just have a limited time each visit we were also looking in for example Auto trains. The only one I found was from FL to VA what is good for visiting family up in PA. But we did not really find anything for getting the bikes out West.
Is there anybody who did something like that before? We don't have a car or a trailer and that would not be an option anyway since we plan on flying in where the bikes are dropped off.

Looking forward to your experiences....

·
Hard Member
3,193 Posts
The auto train you refer to is Amtrak going from Sanford, Florida to Lorton, Virginia or vice versa. I know there is a few motorcycle transportation companies but couldn't tell you the names.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Killer of Souls
10,860 Posts
maybe Bobalo will chime in, I think he just shipped his and his wife’s bikes fairly recently.

There isn’t a rail going west to my knowledge, but there are Trucking outfits dedicated to motorcycle transport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.