Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had an accident with my beloved Trike. Front end is smashed up pretty "good". Everything in front of the gas tank is pretty well trashed. Any idea what cost to fix might come to? 2009 tri glide, 60,000 miles. Fork twisted, inner and outer fairing shattered, front wheel bent, calipers broken off, handle bars bent, front fender smashed, left rear fender deeply scratched, headlight gone, spots and turn signals broken off. EVERYTHING in front of gas tank is trashed....

·
Registered
25,011 Posts
Hard to guess without seeing pictures from multiple angles.....the insurance company will likely total it.
You didn't mention the year or model , so you can look up the prices and part numbers yourself using the link below.

Back in the 90's a car pulled out and I crashed my 84 FLHTC into the drivers door , front end and gas tank damaged cost $5,500 to repair....covered by the other drivers insurance, his fault. Todays prices it will be double that.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'd say anywhere from $27,999 to $48,999.

·
Registered
891 Posts
With that much force you probably need/want new head bearings, triple tree checked/replaced, frame neck angle measured on and on..in addition to the obvious.
My '14 Ultra cost 9K to repair and I reused all brake parts, outer fairing, all the lights, so I'm betting they total an '09 sorry to say
On mine, Chrome forks were cheaper than the original ones so I went with them😁 (if you do fix it)
Hate to hear that for you. Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had an accident with my beloved Trike. Front end is smashed up pretty "good". Everything in front of the gas tank is pretty well trashed. Any idea what cost to fix might come to? 2009 tri glide, 60,000 miles. Fork twisted, inner and outer fairing shattered, front wheel bent, calipers broken off, handle bars bent, front fender smashed, left rear fender deeply scratched, headlight gone, spots and turn signals broken off. EVERYTHING in front of gas tank is trashed....
Sounds like your screwed

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Also.
If you go thru HD to replace everything it’s going to co$t someone a Hell of lot of ca$h.
A friend of mine had a scratch in his rear fender.
Instead of taking it to a body shop.
He took it to a HD dealership and had a new one installed.
Had to wait a couple of weeks to get the paint matched from HD.
The guy that pd for that got a huge surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts