Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 ultra classic that my owners manuel says there is a pig tail that came with the bike to plug in a trickle charger?

Can someone please tell me where its located?
I cant find it .
Also will this pigtail fit a battery tender or do I need to purchase a harley trickle charger?

Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
didnt your salesman go over the bike with you ? I think tickle and tenders use the same set up

get to your battery....take a look at the terminals and see if anything is attached !

·
Retired citizen
21,800 Posts
Tie strapped to the harness on the right side just ahead of the side cover . If you have heat deflectors on your bike look behind the deflector .

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didnt your salesman go over the bike with you ? I think tickle and tenders use the same set up

get to your battery....take a look at the terminals and see if anything is attached !
Ya,and I have to admit he did a pretty thorough job,my guess is he mentioned it ,,
most of that was my fault ,being my first Harley ,im sure when he was going over everything my adrenalin and was high and my mind was elsewhere.

ill look again

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
On my 09 - its on the right side in front of the side cover. As Schmidtys said it's tied to a wire harness. When you check your oil you will almost touch the connector. It will be a universal connector so just about any charger/tender will plug in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
going to take it to let the service guy look on Monday,I looked again and i believe it may have been forgotten on my bike..

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Pigtails are very easily added -- an easy half hour job. Just look at the battery and see if one is attached. Some dealers route them out the left side, other dealers route them out the right side, just to the rear of the oil tank. Regardless of where the connection comes out, it will be easily seen if you look at the battery. Battery Tender and the Harley charger use basically the same setup/connection. If you bought a Battery Tender, a pigtail connection is usually part of the package. Not sure about the Harley charger (don't have one) but I have to believe a pigtail comes with it also.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Do these come with SG's?
I don't think H-D puts them on bikes from the assembly line. I believe that the dealers install them. It runs the range of some dealers installing on all their bikes and some don't install at all.

But I could be wrong about the large touring bikes.

·
PRO BIKE FLIPPER
1,351 Posts
Its Up To The Dealer, We Install Them On All Our New And Used Bikes

·
Mississippi Cajun
23,968 Posts
Unless this is something they just started doing, you have to ask for it. My '04 Ultra definitely did not have it when I got it, but they put one on before I picked it up for the first ride home. The pigtail is very easy to install and only costs a few bucks.

·
100k Harley,100kBMW
258 Posts
Mini-charger pig tail

The '07 Street Glide did not have one, I installed it from the Deltran kit, but the '09 EG classic had it right where the Guy said, near the dip stick.

·
Village Idiot
116 Posts
On my 2010 Ultra it is on the right side right in front of the passenger floor board by the engine. It wasn't tied to anything so the tip of it is slightly melted due to the muffler.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ya,and I have to admit he did a pretty thorough job,my guess is he mentioned it ,,
most of that was my fault ,being my first Harley ,im sure when he was going over everything my adrenalin and was high and my mind was elsewhere.

ill look again
RIGHT ! and all you wanna do is go out and ride it. All you really hear from the salesman is " BLAH BLAH BLAH, I'm a dirty tramp"

·
Registered
623 Posts
I believe you are correct - they are dealer installed. I have and 090 Ultra - and it has no connector that I am aware of, and certainly no mention of one in the owners manual. I connected one myself ot the battery, a five minute job.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts