Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty excited. going on a solo bike trip through West Virginia the 18th of May through the 25th. Should rack up around 1500 miles of beautiful scenery and great roads. Will take some pics along the way and share as I can.
West Virginia is where I was born but I never spent much of my life there. Always make one to two trips a year there in the cage to visit family but this will be my first motorcycle trip there.
hoping for sunny skies and fair weather.

Dave

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first two day are in the Marlinton area, highland scenic highway, cranberry glades. Next two days are north in Buckhannon to visit my mom and dad, a sister and BIL. Wednesday I am headed south again to summersvile area. Thursday will hit new river gorge and start home

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride. Route 60 from charleston to fayetteville and to 64 would be a nice ride if you never did it before.

I would say hit me up but it dont sound like your coming this far south...

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man. I am going north to Bridgeport, clarksburg and a bunch of places. I hope to hook up with you on another ride

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe sometime we can hit the parkway and skyline drive. Dad had been talking about it for ever but never got to it before he passed. Be a nice dedication ride for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
it would be an honor to do that ride with you. Lets talk about some dates.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
I'll have to decide when. Working retail means I usually get Sunday and Thurs off. So probably have to do it during vacation in sept. Getting married o. June 1 and a week vacation the week after. Don't think the wife would appreciate a solo bike ride for a honeymoon..... I'll keep yah posted. Good luck in WV and watch out for the deer. They seem a little heavy right now....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts