Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that's it's no longer a stock item......is it worth purchasing? I've read many threads saying it works or it doesn't make any difference. I don't have lowers nor fork deflectors but if the consensus is that it will help the wind from coming around the tank and quit lifting my shirt up.....then I'm on it.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Now that's it's no longer a stock item......is it worth purchasing? I've read many threads saying it works or it doesn't make any difference. I don't have lowers nor fork deflectors but if the consensus is that it will help the wind from coming around the tank and quit lifting my shirt up.....then I'm on it.
It's well worth the 12 bucks. :)

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
For what its' worth, The MoCo use to put them on right from the factory. Must do something.. and yes I have one, and no I don't know if it really does anything.:thumbsup

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
If you were a chick getting her shirt lifted up I would say dont buy it. Since you are not, you definately need one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I paid $20 for a used black one. Mounted it took a ride and my bike pinged like never before. I came home and removed it and no more ping. It did seem to block some air around the tank though.
$ 15 to your door.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I have one. I think they work.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I paid $20 for a used black one. Mounted it took a ride and my bike pinged like never before. I came home and removed it and no more ping. It did seem to block some air around the tank though.
$ 15 to your door.
Now that is a wonder of all wonders . An air dam that makes a motor ping . What will they think of next . ???????????? :dunno

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I have one, didn't get it till I started wearing a helmet, it does cut back some of the wind. Also makes smoking a cigar easier on the bike.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,476 Posts
I added one to my bike. It does reduce the updraft and buffeting, and I notice that those hard shelled bugs that used to come up thru there and bounce off of the helmet no longer do so.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I added one to my bike. It does reduce the updraft and buffeting, and I notice that those hard shelled bugs that used to come up thru there and bounce off of the helmet no longer do so.
Those are called "snacks" my friend . :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts