Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys,,

I have a BIG issue with changing the trees from my 2005. night train.
I do love how they look but im also hearing some cons about having
more angle in the front end.
Many opinnions in my head but still noone who can telll me something wich i can use to make my choice..tha question is is it dangerous to use 5degree trees? or maybe i should use 3 degree ones?...I use my bike in the city and usually do short rides 100 miles (max)..

I would really really apreciate your help.

thank you.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Rake put in the trees is commonly used to solve rake/trail issues. To use them to rake out the front end cheaply can, not will lead to handling issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've put 5 degree raked triple trees on my 2007 softail custom, and I was not quite happy with the impact on the handling: it always felt like I rode a flat front tire. Not that I ever had obne, but I image it like this. My frontwheel was always willing to go to the right, or to the left and when I was turning, the bike had a strong urge to lean over.... Very strange feeling it gave me; as if I did not have the fully 100% control over the handlebars.
On the other side, I know a guy who says not to have problems with the difference in handling with his 5 degree rakes trees. he has the same mark and model as mine, Rebuffini. Other than my bike, he has a 16 inch frontwheel and a steering demper mounted on his 2007 NightTrain.
So I guess, some people don't mind about the handling difference as much as others do, but for me personally, I like more the standard rake in the trees.

But hey, if you might be interested, my triple trees are for sale...

Take care,
Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts