Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds really stupid, but I went to adjust my headlamp to the right height (too high) and it keeps goin back to the same height when I tighten it down. I've gotta try and hold it where I want it to be while tightening it. Even wedged some wood blocks to hold it while I tightened it...didn't help. Anybody else had this problem?

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Ya..lost me ...never had a problem adjusting mine................you sure you are turning the right screws?.....left and right...and up and down ?:dunno

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any left right up down screws on the '88 XLH. There's just the bolt that comes from the lamp housing up through the headlamp cover with the washer, lockwasher, and nut. Supposed to just loosen, adjust, and tighten. Even had the Harley manual open.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
You just need to adjust it a little high and let it fall to the right adjustment.

It helps to move it really high, and then lower it to the correct height, instead of raising it to position.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I had an '87 XL and also had a problem with it staying where I wanted.
If I remember correctly, it's kind of a ball & socket that hangs under the
"eyebrow". Mine had vibrated a home position into the mating positions.
I got it a little loose and rotated it around and around to smooth over the wear, then tightened it up good. Ya wouldn't think a 1 bolt adj. could be such a :spar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts