Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to be a significant problem. Maybe 15% of the time, when I attempt to shift up from 1st to 2nd, I end up stuck in neutral or it slips back into first. Occasionally, when this happens, I'll hold in the clutch and up shift two times to try and get into second. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas what's happening here?

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,055 Posts
Profile says 2014 Sportster Superlow. Warranty?

Shifter linkage adjustment slightly out?
--

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having the same problem after 5000 miles. It's still under warranty, brought my bike back to the dealership and they adjusted the clutch. Ran great for one day, then I started having the same problem. I have a 2014 Superlow Sportster 1200T. Anyone else having the same problem with this bike?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Most times it's either a clutch adjustment, or just a case of getting the feel for the bike.Harley's when new take a goodly amount of push to shift. Sometimes it's really hard to get that push up with your toe. Make sure the shift lever is down enough, so your toe can complete the shift without running out of room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.