Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Truck-Lite 27270C headlight for their 2014 Rushmore bike?

I am considering this LED headlight but I need to know if it will fit into the stock headlight ring of the 2014 Street Glide without any modifications. Will this be a "plug and play" installation? Besides the required wire adapter, is there anything else needed to make this LED install properly?

If anyone has been using this specific LED, can you provide a quick review on its' performance and your opinion of this light vs. other similar brands of the same type?

I tried HID in the stock headlight assembly and it didn't satisfy me. Didn't care for the light dispersion and the wait time for the bulb to warm up to full brightness.

·
Retired firefighter
341 Posts
I have it in my 96 ultra....LOVE it.....I can see at night for the first time.best money i have ever spent....hope this helps....it was plug and play for me....

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
I have it in my 96 ultra....LOVE it.....I can see at night for the first time.best money i have ever spent....hope this helps....it was plug and play for me....
Same experience with me on a 09 electra glide.Bright white light, perfect for my eyes. Also have the matching driving lights and like them also. Plug and play also on mine.
Half the price of harley lights.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I put it and the drivin lights on my 12 Limited and love them!!!! Forgive me but I thought your 14 SG came with a Daymaker LED so I thought that was the same?

·
The Fighting Chicken
4,006 Posts
The only thing you might want to add would be either a frenched headlight trim ring or the visor style trim ring. The light pokes out just a little from stock trim and in my opinion looks a little gaudy.

It's a standard 7" headlight just like your stock light housing. You already know about the different wiring connections.

·
2,327 Posts
I have the Truck Lite on my 11 Limited. Both headlight and running lights. I think they are brighter than day maker, plug and play and outstanding at night.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Has anyone used the Truck-Lite 27270C headlight for their 2014 Rushmore bike?

I am considering this LED headlight but I need to know if it will fit into the stock headlight ring of the 2014 Street Glide without any modifications. Will this be a "plug and play" installation? Besides the required wire adapter, is there anything else needed to make this LED install properly?

If anyone has been using this specific LED, can you provide a quick review on its' performance and your opinion of this light vs. other similar brands of the same type?

I tried HID in the stock headlight assembly and it didn't satisfy me. Didn't care for the light dispersion and the wait time for the bulb to warm up to full brightness.
Others have commented that it was a plug n play for them. You mention a required wire adapter. Do you have a part# or information abou the adapter?

Thanks

·
Retired firefighter
341 Posts
Others have commented that it was a plug n play for them. You mention a required wire adapter. Do you have a part# or information abou the adapter?

Thanks
The trk lite flyer shows #96630 h4 to h13 adapter only for the jeep wrangler jk models...sorry not much help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts