Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting for somebody to come out with these for my 09 FLHX. I already have the Rinehart slip-on mufflers. I was told that BUB has dropped Rinehart so don't look for Rinehart to be coming out with a set. I like how they keep the stock location of the rear head pipe. I ordered a set of (head pipes only) for $367 from M&M Leather in Greensburg Pa. they are running a 20% off sale for the month of January. Just some FYI for you 09 Touring owners. Ride safe

http://www.vanceandhines.com/product_zoom/touring-09dresserduals/dresserduals.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have seen these, they look like a great slip-on. Let me know how they sound. I trying to decide what to put on my new one when it arrives and I know the V/H turndowns are out of the question. To loud for those long trips with the wife.

·
Registered
9 Posts
These are awesome excellent fit.. I put them on with Thundercone slip ons.. The wife wanted the bike as loud as we can get it.. Excellent sound and performance VERY LOUD.. Waiting on a V&H fuel pak download for the combo.. Total investment $1100 parts..

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bagger, I did not do the download when I installed the Rinehart slip-ons. The bike ran fine. However when I put the Heavy Breather ac on I also bought the SERT and downloaded then. I haven't had a chance to ride the bike yet it's been cold as shit here so I can't comment on the performance. As I said I ordered the V&H head pipes but, will wait until I can ride it first before doing installing them. I want to do each upgrade and see what changes if any with each upgrade.

Grizz, Did you do the install? So you and the wife give them a :thumb then??

·
Registered
9 Posts
We did the High Flow AC, no download.. I was told by a a reliable source the download is only good for slip on's, once you open up the air and the exhaust then you must use a power comander or fuel pak. I chose the fuel pak.

note: I owned a 2007 SFTail (opened the air and the exhaust with V&H Big Raidus) never did any dwn loads, put about 30K miles on it with zero problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tru duals

Go to Bub's website and look at the Bub 7s tru duals. We put a set on for a customer on a 09 se Ultra. We did the SE super tuner and dyno tuned it. The bike sounded real nice and looked good too. Bub is now dealer direct and not doing Rineharts thru distributors like Drag Specialties.
Ride Safe
Suprdav

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to Bub's website and look at the Bub 7s tru duals. We put a set on for a customer on a 09 se Ultra. We did the SE super tuner and dyno tuned it. The bike sounded real nice and looked good too. Bub is now dealer direct and not doing Rineharts thru distributors like Drag Specialties.
Ride Safe
Suprdav
As I mentioned above I have the V&H but haven't installed yet. I'm trying to keep the 09 new design of the pipes for the wife's sake. :nod Am I correct that the rear comes out the left side?

·
Registered
259 Posts
suprdav - I am putting the same mods (BUB7 true duals, SEST) plus SE Stage 1 air on my 08 RKC as soon as weather breaks and I can ride into the dealer. Wondering what your customer's bike's dyno figures were. Can you share that info?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bassinai true duals,and the vance and hines fuel pack is all you need.
My freinds just got there own signature bassianis,They are the Covingtons true duels.
The vance and hines fuel pack is easy to put on and takes a 45mins to put on and program,so you dont have to go back to the dealer,they have all the programs on it for every make and model of efi bikes.and its easy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts