Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do ya all think about true duals ? Was thinking about putting them on my 06 Electra Glide Classic. I hear I will lose a little of my bottom end torque, but would gain a little HP to boot,, if that makes sense. I also hear it will make bike quite a bit loader (again don’t know) Basically,,, I want bike to run smooth, I am not looking for more power, but fuel mileage would be great. Is any of this I’m asking going to achieve BFE (better fuel economy) ??

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I put Full Sac true dual conversion on my '07 Electra Glide. I did it mostly to get a little heat relief on my right leg. Which it did. Before I did it, I rode my bike around neighborhood type streets, noting carefully my start from stopped performance. It would take off with only a little throttle and little clutch slipping. After the conversion, the same starts from a stop require a little more throttle and clutch slipping. Roll on torque at low rpm's barely noticeable change. More power at higher rpm's not noticeable at all. MPG did not change overall. The idle sound is more "stereo" because it is balanced, I did not notice it being much louder. The above is all seat of the pants observations, your's may be different.

·
Barney Fife - Poser
894 Posts
Forget about what anyone else thinks about exhaust. It's your bike. Do what YOU want.

I hear bad crap about duals all the time. Both my bikes have true duals and they are staying there. If I cared about a couple of freakin horsepower, I'd be riding a Honda.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fullsac is what I was going to put on,,,,, going with true duals, Rinehart 4” racers slip on mufflers then a tuner and dyno,, she will be running smooth !!! Or at least I hope! Lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Rinehart full 4” true duals with a power commander tune on my 04’ ultra classic. I love it! Got a nice tone. I haven’t payed any attention to fuel economy; don’t care.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went with the S&S power duals. SPO mufflers. It eliminates some heat from the back cylinder. Sounds good. I have 95” with SE211 cams and Head work. It’s at 100 tq and 100 hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts