Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my bike into the dealership to see what they would give me on a trade for a 2010 Ultra Ltd with 16,200 miles on it. Rhe reason I did this was because I had never tried a bagger and I thought this was the bike I really wanted. Well thank goodness I found the softail I found because the two rides are so different. After demoing the Ultra I realized I have the exact bike I want. Maybee some day in the future when i've paid down my softail I'll buy an Ultra but I am not getting rid of my bike. The ride is perfect!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Love the Ultra!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got rid of a Dyna Lowrider and got a Geezer Glide Road King. It's an OK bike, but I missed the Dyna so much I bought a Wide Glide. Now I ride the Geezer Glide when I ride 2 up with my wife and take the fun Wide Glide when I ride solo.

There's really no comparison as far as fun to ride goes.

And of course then there's the trikes for old folks with walkers who belong in a rest home.

·
Banned
482 Posts
I've never found anything else that "fits" me and rides good except an ultra. If you got something that does then stick with it. Maybe you have to get fat like me to appreciate the ultra.:think:know:eek:uttahere:

·
Behind Enemy Lines
284 Posts
The softail works for pretty much everything except long long long hauls... for shorter hauls of a few hours instate, it works just fine. Never had a problem other than maybe a bit of numbness in the saddle, but it's very minor.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
I did similar, bike was in for service and Paul, the sales guy, said let's go ride and we'll make a test ride the excuse. So, he had them pull out a Road Glide Custom and a Street Glide. We had a great time "test riding" them and I learned that I do not want to give up my Fat bob, but I do want a Road Glide to park beside it. :nod

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the comments And I agree that The bikes fit the person. I love the looks of the ultra I love the style of the ultra and I love the fact that you can ride comfortably with two people on the ultra. What I experienced on my test ride was the difference in feel between my bike and the ultra. That's why I agree I don't want to give up my bike I just want to buy an ultra to go alongside it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts