Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '12 883 superlow with 9000 miles i bought new in march last year. trying to decide whether to have hd full upgrade to 1200 with stage one or trade on either a dyna street bob or super glide. back in forth in my mind, decisions-decisions.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
It really comes down to what you want to ride.

I would never recommend staying with a model that you are planning to one day get rid of.

If you are on a Sporty because you love a Sporty and want to own a Sporty, then keep it and upgrade it. However, if you are upgrading it because you want it to be more like a Dyna or Softy, then it would be a waste of money.

If your dream bike is a Wide Glide, then you will be happier on a stock Wide Glide then you ever will be on a modified Sporty.

Trust me. I went through this very thing with my Night Train and My Road King.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
. . . if you are upgrading it because you want it to be more like a Dyna or Softy, then it would be a waste of money. . . .
I agree absolutely. You can change almost anything on a H-D, but you have to get on the right frame.

Besides, the Dyna won't stay stock very long anyway.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Look deep inside yourself Grasshopper, the answer is within. Now go burn your forearms with your pipes and see if you can swipe these Dyna keys from my hand.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Look deep inside yourself Grasshopper, the answer is within. Now go burn your forearms with your pipes and see if you can swipe these Dyna keys from my hand.
Lol!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts