Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal; I have a 2004 dyna wide glide fuel injected. I purchased a new security system for the bike off (spit) flea-bay. tssm part # 68923-00C with fob. I installed and was able to program the fob and 5 digit code with no problems. Here is where the fun starts. Bike cranks fires won't stay running. I did the password learning dance 4 times but still won't stay running. I printed a few procedures off the net and the only difference is on step 11 (last 10 minute wait) turn off -on when lamp goes out or 10 minutes. Then turn off and wait 15 seconds-start engine. Another says to wait 60 seconds before shutting ign off. I have not done the 60 sec wait yet as I'm not sure if it would make a difference. My legs are getting tired of this and I'm wondering if I didn't get stuck with a bad tssm module. Installing the original tsm fires the bike right up. Should I drop back and Punt or what to do?
Thanks in advance for any help!:eek

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Someone with more kniwledge than i will chime in, but i thought these were married to the ECM - if this was previously installed on another bike you may ve stuck.

·
Retired citizen
24,163 Posts
Sounds to me like the TSSM is failing to marry to the ECM. OR the ECM isn't allowing it to.
Wondering why the TSSM kit was on Ebay in the first place ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts