Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am looking for information about the rims and tires for my 2012 Heritage. This is the first Harley I have owned and I am due for tires SOON!. I looked at the tires and they are the stock Harley tires on stock spoke rims. The sidewall indicates Tubeless but they have an instruction on the side indicating needs a tube(?). What I don't know is if the rims being spokes are tubeless. I noticed that the air valve is on the side and if I need tubes would any tube work or do I need a Harley tube. I am going to put Michelin Commander II on the bike. I know that most spoke rims need a tube. I have them in my metrics. I also know that Harley had a trim package that has spoked rims that don't and the Harley dealer I get the bike serviced at can't tell either. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
The lock nut on the valve stem proves that it is a tube. Tubless stems have a larger rubber shoulder, or at least a rubber washer that seals the hole under the stem nut . And PLEASE find another dealer to service your bike. They either know next to nothing or worse, don't care about helping you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lock nut on the valve stem proves that it is a tube. Tubless stems have a larger rubber shoulder, or at least a rubber washer that seals the hole under the stem nut . And PLEASE find another dealer to service your bike. They either know next to nothing or worse, don't care about helping you.
Thanks for the info. The dealer isn't too bad just busy and it was a salesman I asked. Now it's time to place and order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts