Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. I am new to the Forum and I'm loving it so far. Just wanted to get some suggestions if possible from all the guys that have gone thru this already. So I just bought an 09 Muscle several months ago and I love the ride but of course we all have to make it our own so I will be installing a new V&H Competition 2 in 1 pipes and getting the K&N air filter now I need a good tuner. I wanted to know if there any particular runner that works better with the HD V Rods than others. Thanks guys for any and all your help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Asking about tuners is like asking what oil to run.

There are quite a few tuners for the V-Rod, Depending on what you are looking for. If you want to flash tune your stock ECU, there is the Dynojet Powervision, TTS Mastertune, and the Scream'in Eagle Super Tuner (SEPST) which is married to your ECU and can't be used on another bike once it is mated to yours. You will also have to purchase the cables that are sold separately.

If you want to replace the stock ECU, there is the Thundermax, Daytona Twin Tech, and more that I can't think of at the moment.

Then there are the piggyback devices such as Dynojet PCV, PCIII, and so many others.
Do your research on what you want out of a tuner.

There is a lot of info on www.1130cc.com.

Opinions are like A$$holes, everybody has one..

Pick what works for you and will work when you plan for future upgrades.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used a Power Commander V, purchased from Ghost Rider Customs. It sits in-line with the ECM so if you disconnect it the bike goes right back to its stock programming. Can't say it was any better than any other computer, since it was the only one I used, but it worked well for me.

More recently, on my 2016 Sporty, I used the V&H FP3 tuner and tuned the bike using an app on my phone and skipped the Dyno. I don't know if that's an option for your bike or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts