Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm proud to be a member of the Trask Tribe with my little garrett from turboyourharley.com. :)
dayum thats beautiful.:notw:

what size garrett? My first turbo kit I made was based on a garrett GT15, lasted about 200 miles and I learned about carbon thrust washers and drawthrough :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
dayum thats beautiful.:notw:

what size garrett? My first turbo kit I made was based on a garrett GT15, lasted about 200 miles and I learned about carbon thrust washers and drawthrough :)
It is a GT25 and has just over 6k miles on it now, bike just passed 45k miles. It was a kit from Custom performance who is one of the sponsors of this site. They really do know a lot about turbos.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a GT25 and has just over 6k miles on it now, bike just passed 45k miles. It was a kit from Custom performance who is one of the sponsors of this site. They really do know a lot about turbos.
the kit looks great, mine, on the other hand is pretty basic and made all in my garage shop, so no chrome and such, but it do make craploads of powa':D
I would love to buy a new F.I. sporty and do a blow through set up on it. much easier than playing with the carb.

·
Registered
11 Posts
what is riding a turbo sporty like , do they crank enough revs? to spin them up,
Ive always thought that the was one problem with turbos.
That thing looks awesome though on that sporty

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what is riding a turbo sporty like , do they crank enough revs? to spin them up,
Hell yeah it spins it up ! I could hit full boost, set at 8# by 3.5k rpms, the means shifting at 6-6.5k leaves you with 3k of shit eating grin in each gear :eek:
I have apes and forward controls and its a different type of ride when it WOT.
I can blast past by buddies 1200 like he is in reverse. One real cold morning, I ripped up second gear with 15# boost and the tire smoked up so easy in a rolling burnout that tripped the neighbors out. All that with stock motor.
Now that the motor is built, forged 10:5.1 pistons and such, I cant wait to install the turbo again.:eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on another note, a point of data I noted upon engine teardown.
I rebuilt the motor just because I wanted, not out of neccesity. Upon inspection, my motor had 12k miles on it and I have to admit, very hard miles. Turbo and tuning , sometimes in the middle of a WOT pull and look down and watch the digital AF guage zip to 19.3 or so! Slam off the throttle and grab clutch at the same time, let it fill the bowl again and away ya go. So, end result of tons and tons of tuning and learning, the stock cast pistons and cylinders looked perfect with very little wear and very little easily cleaned off carbon. They took some abuse indeed and held up well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It isnt a motorcycle but my cummins produces over 38 psi of boost before 2000 rpm if I get on it. In other words a sporster will turn plenty of revs to get boost if the set up is correct. The turbo spins because of exhaust pressure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hell yeah it spins it up ! I could hit full boost, set at 8# by 3.5k rpms, the means shifting at 6-6.5k leaves you with 3k of shit eating grin in each gear :eek:
I have apes and forward controls and its a different type of ride when it WOT.
I can blast past by buddies 1200 like he is in reverse. One real cold morning, I ripped up second gear with 15# boost and the tire smoked up so easy in a rolling burnout that tripped the neighbors out. All that with stock motor.
Now that the motor is built, forged 10:5.1 pistons and such, I cant wait to install the turbo again.:eek:
i think thats awesome man , what have you ran in the qT?

·
Registered
6 Posts
turbo

I didnt put the turbo on it to race, i would of went with a big bore if i was going to race it, Still getting the fine tuneing done on it, before it snows here.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The turbo on a v-rod is an awesome machine. Wheel spin in the lower gears at will and makes going out and hunting down sport bikes kind of fun. Now I also have a cbr1000rr and it is fast but I really think to 100 my v-rod would take it simply because I can put the power to the ground better with the long frame.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks Good Max!

The turbo on a v-rod is an awesome machine. Wheel spin in the lower gears at will and makes going out and hunting down sport bikes kind of fun. Now I also have a cbr1000rr and it is fast but I really think to 100 my v-rod would take it simply because I can put the power to the ground better with the long frame.
Looks Good Max,
Does the exhaust pipe get HOT on your inner thigh? And what is that on your lower frame where the point is? Just in front of your Rear Wheel next to the ground? Did you buy it , or fab it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
turbo

The pip gets a littel warm, the turbo came from cp trask, thay make them for any kind of bikes, check out there web site and see for your self, ones you have one you wont go with out.
Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
turbo

The pipe gets a littel warm, the turbo came from cp trask, thay make them for any kind of bikes, check out there web site and see for your self, ones you have one you wont go with out. theres a few v-roders out there who will say the same thing.
Tom

·
Registered
19 Posts
here is my 94 Ultra with side car and Aerocharger. 50,000 miles on the Aerocharger.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts