Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a 2004 nightrain. We got caught in the rain. When he used his turn signals, the hazards came on. The bike has had plenty of time to dry out. Hasn't worked since.(about a month) until yesterday. Turn signals worked correctly for a short time and then went back to the hazards coming on instead of the turning signals... Any help avalible? Thanks all!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I noticed my radio stations change on their own after I got caught in the rain also. The connections to the switches must be get water in them. I blew my switches out with air and added some dielectric grease to the connectors. Everything works but I have not tested it in the rain yet.

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
Yep, you have water in the fuse block area, specifically the TSM. Need to disassemble; spray with contact cleaner; add dielectric grease; put back together. Water and road grime are thrown up by the rear wheel and gets trapped in the fuse block. It will not dry out on it's own, so you need to take it apart. Check for corrosion while you have it disassembled. The dielectric grease will help to prevent it from happening again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts