Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont own one and am interested in reviews from those who do.
Anyone?

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
The Queen fits the category, but you will get no real review quality information from me. I will tell you that if I am not careful on the open road, without me realizing it the speedometer registered 90 mph. She was smooth as could be.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
I recently upgraded from an 04FLHTC with an 88 5 speed to an 08FLTR 96 six speed. It's my first fuel injected bike which is nice as my 04 carbed bike was cold blooded. I took delivery with the stage one kit, SE Slip ons and the standard remap of the ECM.

Bottom line I can feel a difference in power from the 88 and the bike seems to run a lot smoother. The Six speed is great and I have not tried to reach for 7th gear yet. ( I was always reaching for 6 on my 04) I hear there was a lot of heat issues on the 07 models from the factory but I have not had any of those problems yet. We'll see what it's like in the Summer at 95 degrees. Another cool feature is this motor comes with an auto adjusting chain tensioner on the primary. One less step on primary maintenance.

Hope this helps...You gonna gitcha one?

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
25,000 miles on my '07 Ultra and I love the thing. My only issue is the 5th gear noise that Harley says is not a problem (and they fixed on the '08). I just put louder pipes on and turn the radio up.

Mleage is consistantly in the mid-40's with a mix of in-town riding with the 50 + out in the country. I tend to drive one gear lower in town than with the 88, 5 speed. Probably a combination of the extra weight and the gearing.

AS a test, I ran even with a 95 build on a Heritage, so with the weight advantage he has, I'm happy enough.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 07 FLSTC all stock with 18000 miles. A little noise in 5th, not loud though. Heat not really an issue unless it is HOT and the wind is coming from the left. 45-47 mpg and 52 mpg in the mountains.
Bill:ride

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great write up Steve. Thanks.
I have a 07 FLSTC all stock with 18000 miles. A little noise in 5th, not loud though. Heat not really an issue unless it is HOT and the wind is coming from the left. 45-47 mpg and 52 mpg in the mountains.
Bill:ride
Great gas milage and great use of your 07!

25,000 miles on my '07 Ultra and I love the thing. My only issue is the 5th gear noise that Harley says is not a problem (and they fixed on the '08). I just put louder pipes on and turn the radio up.

Mleage is consistantly in the mid-40's with a mix of in-town riding with the 50 + out in the country. I tend to drive one gear lower in town than with the 88, 5 speed. Probably a combination of the extra weight and the gearing.

AS a test, I ran even with a 95 build on a Heritage, so with the weight advantage he has, I'm happy enough.
25,000 on an 07? Thats just great!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts