Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seasons Greetings to all of you!

Have been looking through some videos from last summer and have put one nice memory together so it can be shared.

I was on the path to Sicily and rode along the RoutE45 north of Perugia in Italy when I came to a roadwork where.... Oh, look for yourselves...

Twisted detour

Oh, as usual it's a long video, might take some time to download:(

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Nothing short of Perfect! Just like life isnt it Bernt. No one wants a detour but sometimes it's the best thing. Great video once again. I missed your normal ending. I love the exhaust sound you use for it. Sounds like music.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed,
Yea, normally I just do detours... I set the GPS to avoid highways and love to ride "the old route" more or less parallell to the newer. But this time I was heading for Sicily and had only a week to do a 3750miles ride (it ended up to 4350 mils in eight days), so I had to do some mile crunching on the highways :-(

Still wrestling with the Final Cut program and couldn't get the end as I wanted it.
Not the beginning either. But I wanted to share the episod anyway...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trip was like this day by day in miles; 429, 566, 449, 530, 766, 558, 506, 513.
I spent long hours in the saddle, the longest day I couldn't find a place to stay overnight. Found a campsite in the middle of the nigt. But it was closed so I just crashed on the only green spot outside the brick wall beside the gates for a couple of hours. Later on I found a quiet corn field and napped a couple of more hours, Did not bother to put up the tent even...
Very nice experience to ride that night. It Was a crystal clear sky with a beatiful moon. And I was contempt in my solitude. Don't know if that is correct english or not, but I hope that you can understand my meaning.
Anyway, it was AWESOME!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Hey Bernt... Excellent! Sweet recording and sweet road (after getting by those trucks). Your recording and editing skills are top shelf.

And you captured well in the previous post how you experienced great memories, even the "camping" event. This is what it is all about.

Re-living these rides helps with the winter doesn't it!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Steve,
Positive comments from you means a lot to me.
You gave me the inspiration to start filming and collect canned memories.
And theese sure helps to get over the long scandinavian winters.
The worst thing in editing is to decide what to cut away. It's funny how one can remember almost every curve and even feel the smell of the mountain air when rewinding the videos... To start editing means many hours of just vieweing and dreaming, so it's very hard to get any productive working done.
I'm sure that you and other that do filming knows the feeling.

BTW it's hard for me to distinguish between film , movie and video. Over here we tend to call moving pictures film. The fim can be on different media as DVD'd CD's, video tapes, rolls of celluloid or whatever...
But I never says that I shall make a trip and video it. I'll film it, period. And the result is a film from the trip. It's hard with semantics but I like to explain why I sometimes uses the incorrect words...

·
Trade School Alumnus
502 Posts
EZE RIDER,

Can you open the UK video?

Al

Bernt,

Super job on the video presentation, thank you.

Al

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys,
What do you mean with 'cant open'? What happens?
I tested from different Mac with different web browsers and different PC's with explorer and Firefox and some other browser. It took sometimes long time depending on speed of the lines, but it was possible to se the films everytime. I also found that .flv download programs (several freeware versions on the net) can be used to download the film in the background in many cases. And then it's possible to view in full screen mode. Awesome.

Please let me know the problems, so I can help you to enjoy the rides!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bill,
Do you refer to this posts film? Or have you also checked out the films on the UK Page?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi hddeluxe
I was refering to this post and the ones on the other web site ( I opened 9 & 10 ) were just fine! Good video's And I like the music also!
Bill:ride

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Bill,
Hope the guys with problems (getting in to my page) lets me know what kind of problems they have (again regarding my site) so I might help them.

Other problems could be sent via private PM's and their solutions will be charged at standard fees...

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Ed, Eleft36,
Is this still a problem? Please let me know...
Bernt

Sorry to report the only video that works for me at the moment is the twisted detour video.

I looked at one of your swedish ride reports and am amazed at your language. Quite different from ours.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ed. Please tell me what happens when you tries. As I said, I've tried in both PC's and Mac's and with different web readers and all works.
What are you using? Mac? PC? Windows? Vista? XP? Internet explorer? Firefox? I can't report any errors if I don't know where the problems exists.

So please let me put this up! :Thanks

And YES swedish is very different. Even if the roots are a mix between ancient geman and english and some french. And the nordic people (the Vikings) also had a great impact on the english language. I found an informative web page for you to check out...
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/MED-Magazine/April2007/44-Show-Leg.htm

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Bernt... I tried the UK vids. Says I need additional Quicktime components to view, then took me to an Apple website with a bunch of components but didn't tell me which one to fetch!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts