Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Back in the day I was a Base player for George Jones so I can appreciate a fine guitars.....:):strum
Either you and the the Possum used to be on a baseball team together or you played Bass for him........lmao. Just bustin you cajones.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1370009247.318276.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like about the only missing one is a Ebony with Bigsby tailpiece!
I would love a Black Beauty with a Bigsby.
Thanks all of you for the interest and kind word about my passions.
Good to hear that you guys know a thing or two about guitars.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Nice collection of Les Pauls, by the way. I'm a sax player, but my son is a guitar player. His favorites are Jackson and Strat HSS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I don't know much about Jacksons But,I would love to own a Randy Rhoads model. The HSS Strats are great.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't know anything about them either, but a cousin of mine just picked up a 50's model gold top and he paid a pretty penny for it. Good lookin collection you got there!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nice collection of guitars. I like those handlebars on your bike, too. Ever thought of adding some variety to the collection?...:strum

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Again thanks for the kind words. My guitars are reissues of 50's models and while they are pricey they didn't cost anything close to one from the 50's. Gibson builds them very close to the originals.
When I bought the bike I didn't think I would keep the bars (I think they are mini apes). After a few weeks of riding I've come to really like them. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Again thanks for the kind words. My guitars are reissues of 50's models and while they are pricey they didn't cost anything close to one from the 50's. Gibson builds them very close to the originals.
When I bought the bike I didn't think I would keep the bars (I think they are mini apes). After a few weeks of riding I've come to really like them. Very comfortable.
I don't know anything about guitars, but I am interested in the differences among them. What makes one unique or different from the others?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rick, a lot of things differ from guitar to guitar. The pickups and electronics, Wood used for construction (the ones in my picture are all Mahogany and Maple), string thickness etc. Even guitars made exactly alike are usually different sounding and have different feel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
SWEET!

I've been meaning to take some pics of my bike and my guitars together.

I have a 2006 Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty, a 2008 Gibson Explorer, a 1999 Gibson SG, and a 2010 Fender Strat [I hate the strat- I'm a Gibson guy]

Hoping to take some pics of my stuff this weekend if the rain in NYC lets up.. will post once I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
My favorite is the '59 gold top. I play acoustic but planning to get my hands on an American Strat; when I play electric I like the fat nasty jazzy tone that only strat's produce.
Rick, there are tons of differences other than looks. For electrics it's all about the body and the electronics but for the most part you can almost make any electric sound close to all others because of a vast array of effects that you can add. When you get into Acoustic guitars is when you really tell the difference between the huge difference between a mahogany body vs a maple body, lacquer finish vs satin, dreadnought body style vs jumbo. It's incredible how different it can all be. All this talking, I need to spend some time with my other mistress (breedlove Jumbo 6 string acoustic)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts