Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
This is the latest pic. I ordered some pipes and 2" over forward controls. I do not like the fit of the pipes and have ordered a different set from Paugcho. The forward controls I really like. They appear to be well made, from the V-Twin catalog. I also got the kickstand mounted but did not get a shot of the other side. I seem to favor this side for some reason. Gonna start working on the wiring and getting it strung to where it needs to go. Need to weld some tabs on the bottom side of the fender to hold the harness. Once I get a primary drive on and make sure everything is fitted and all the welding is done it be time to paint it. Gonna powder coat the frame. Leaning towards silver and candy brandy wine on the tins but not 100% on that.

·
Retired citizen
23,654 Posts
Dude that bike is screaming for a pair of upsweep megaphones !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here is a pic of one of the original boat trailer fenders. I had to weld 2 of them together to get the wrap around I wanted. That chrome tank was a no go, did not like the look of it on the bike.

Reactions: candyman1340

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Dude that bike is screaming for a pair of upsweep megaphones !
Thought about it but I don't like the look without a sissy bar. I think they look good on a bike with a sissy bar.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Good read. I am impressed that you are so willing to change directions after putting time and effort into something if it does not suit you. It is shaping up very nice. You will regret not having elec. start after a while. I have a barely ridden, kick only rigid, flatside shovel in the back of my garage. I didn't realize how old I was until I got it finished. Keep the progress coming please.

·
Proud Infidel
2,773 Posts
I'm getting too old for cool I guess.
If you getting to that age, you may want to rethink the electric starter.

High compression + kick start only = frequent pain.

Love the build. Keep the pics coming.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sardonicus87

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I scored a new in the box 3" BDL drive for $550. It has a starter gear on it if I should decide to go that route.
I do not have the inside motor plate with it but I have an inner primary we are going to use for the spacing and to get it all lined up. Got my Paughco pipes in last night so I will test fit them tonight. Also got the spring perches in for the solo seat. Maybe I'll get some more done on it this weekend.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts