Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acting preemptively in light of the European Union's recent push towards limiting motorcycle horsepower to 100, Congress has quietly passed a transportation bill that will cap motorcycle engine output at 75 hp. At a press conference today, DOT spokesman Melvin P. Meyers announced that "We can't lag behind Europe's progressive stance towards two-wheeled moderation." The bill not only limits the horsepower of current and future motorcycle models, it retroactively applies to any registered bike on the road, and will take effect as early as January, 2016. "In the interest of public safety," Meyers explains, "law enforcement officials will clamp down on any and all motorcyclists who violate the law."

Source:
U.S. Government to Limit Motorcycle Engine Output to 75 Horsepower

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i also read they are going to take 1 wheel away and make us ride unimotorcycles

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
if the stuff a banana in your exhaust didnt give you a clue i suggest you scour ebay for the game so you can at least have a clue-:mooning:

btw if you have chrome on your bike watch out its been illegal since 2010

Motorcycle Chrome to be Banned by January 1, 2010!
"In an unprecedented move that has put the motorcycle industry on alert, the Department of Transportation has passed a bill that intends to outlaw "chrome finishes that cover any engine, frame, or headlight assembly on new motorcycles."*

"Chrome is the silent killer," asserts DOT spokesman Melvin P. Meyers,"

:biker:

·
Try'n to behave
5,950 Posts
Silent killer of bank accounts that is. :what?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
must be why guys are going all black- they just dont have the balls to go against the law and stand up for freedom and the american way-

·
Banned
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on guys!! what ever happened to letting people fall for it for a while? LOL.

I actually fell for that one back in 2011 so i remember it well. I didn't read it all the way through before i posted.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was going to say if this had been posted on a non-HD forum it would have been followed by "and Harley owners will never notice a difference". But I see they got their Harley insult in at the end of the linked article. Predictable.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Cool beans! Does that mean cops are going to haul dynamometers around to test it? Sounds like a free bhp/ft. lbs torque update to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts