Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So despite the bridge falling this week and traffic being all jacked up, I braved the saturday morning madness to go buy a battery and all necessary goodies to change fluids.

Everything was going fine after the battery change and warm up ride until I went to reinstall the drain plug. It bottomed out but continued to spin. Backed it back out and the threads of the drain plug were filled with the shavings from the threads in the drain hole.

Looks like I'll be tracking down an oversized drain plug. To look on the bright side, at least I'm not the first guy this happened to.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,506 Posts
Well, damn. Sometimes bad things happen to good fellers. Glad to see you're positive, anyway, but I do feel your pain. I hate when those simple tasks become complicated by something unforeseen! Get'er runnin' again quickly!

·
Screw it, let's ride
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh make no mistake about it, there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth. I thought I had done something stupid until I hit the internet and found that this is not uncommon in late '90's Dyna's.

I gave up totally when I realized the kid at the Harley shop sold me the wrong oil filter, but I take responsibility for that too, if I'd looked at the oil filter I would have plainly seen it was the wrong one but I was in a hurry to get home and get to working on the bike.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,148 Posts
Hope fully you can use one or the repair drain plugs from the Auto parts Store

I hate dealing with service people that don't know or care if it fits

It should fit you application / Pizzes me off any more ,.

My Foot should fit their Azz if it dont'

No one has any pride in thier work or the repore they have with the customer or if He comes back or not .

Sorry for the rant It's been a long week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts