Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniii has convinced me of something, that is I can't see what I look like when I am riding, what is important is what other people can see.

I don't care that anybody says "OHH, isn't he cool?"
I'd be OK with "WTF IS THAT?" if it was from a much longer distance.

So here's the competition, I decided I want a tape sunshade on my visor, and it might as well be bright. I'm probably pretty visible at night, if the concern is added visibility in traffic in the sunlight, do colors show up better than white, even if white is much brighter? I have the thought that bright white in the sunlight is just another point of glare, like a million windshields.

What'dya think?

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
I always thought that a white helmet was more noticeable.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/halo-helmet/

Shoei helmets were once available in a bright orange color. I believe it was called "Safety Orange". No one bought them, so that color was discontinued.

Too bad...

Think about it -- a motorcycle rider's helmet is normally the highest point on the bike, and one of the most visible.

I never thought much about that bright orange color until one day when I was sitting at a stop light on my bike and another rider came whizzing by on the crossroad on a black motorcycle with jeans and a black leather jacket.

He was wearing one of the Shoei orange helmets, and he stuck out like a sore thumb. Which is precisely the point of that color.

I'm always trying to learn more and find lessons in my mistakes, and that lesson stuck with me forever. A brightly colored helmet can make a huge difference in visibility for the motorcyclist.

The Halo reflective helmet band was designed for exactly that purpose. It's the "Safety Orange" of the night.

The Halo band is gently stretched to fit around the base of the helmet. It takes a bit of fussing to get it lined up perfectly with the lower edge of the helmet, but the combination of the stretchy material and the friction of the neoprene keeps it on the helmet through just about anything. It's much easier to remove than it is to install -- it simply pops right off.

As you can see from the animated photo at the top of this page, the Halo helmet band lights up like the Fourth of July when blasted with light. It's an inexpensive way to stay safe.

http://www.reflectivedecals.com/haloebay.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts