Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caught an interesting program on the National Geographic Channel the other day. The show is called Ultimate Factories. They did an hour on the HD plant in K.C. where the V-Rods are built. Not sure if/when they'll be reshowing it but I know they do show them again because there was also one on the Peterbilt factory that night and it was on again last night or the night before. Just thought someone might be interested.

I have a Tivo that I keep a keyword search for "Harley" running on. Sometimes it finds a cool program on now and then related to the company.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah I caught most of it. The guys that build the SE V-Rod only build "about 2 a day". The motor/frame came assembled to them, but they did everything else to the bike themselves, rather than a typical assembly line where a conver/line moves it from station to station.

Quite impressive for those folks, IMHO.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think this comes on again tomorrow if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is today 2-7 at 8:00pm EST. National Geographic Channel

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep, it was on again yesterday, not today - my bad. I realized that last night when I was looking at my to do list on my tivo but I got into something else and forgot to come back here and post it. Hopefully everyone interested got to see it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I loved it, watched it twice yesterday. Anyone know where I can buy that show and also The Birth of the V-rod on DVD?

Thanks,

Lucinda007

I am lucky because the people who own Roughrider, Minot ND dealership have an SE, so there is no lack of enthusiasm for them there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I loved it, watched it twice yesterday. Anyone know where I can buy that show and also The Birth of the V-rod on DVD?

Thanks,

Lucinda007

I am lucky because the people who own Roughrider, Minot ND dealership have an SE, so there is no lack of enthusiasm for them there.
I'd look on the National Geographic website to see if they are selling the episodes. I can't remember who did the birth of the v-rod, was that discovery or something? I saw that one too - also good.

Or, you could record it yourself - it comes on again on 2/11 at 7pm eastern on NGC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts