Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is follow-up post to my Road glide vs. street glide post.

Was looking on the HD site of a comparison of the Ultra Classic Electra Glide and Electra glide Ultra Limited.

It appears that they are the same bike with the difference being ABS and Security are standard on the limited. The ultras classic has more paint options and rails on the saddlebags. Price is lower on the classic even with the security/ABS option.

The limited has the rack on the tour pack and limited paint options.

What am I missing between these two models? Also, is the tour pack and backrest removable on both bike models?

Jeff

·
God's Gift To Woman
1,418 Posts
Limited has heated grips, an addittional aux 12v accessory plug in tour pack. Both unit can have removable docking hardware added for tour pack. Also I [think] the hinges on the limited tour pack are H.Duty. Limited has different back ground look on the gauges. Limited has chrome/blk wheels.

For 2012 both have 103 eng.w/oil cooler For 2011 the limited had the 103 and the Ultra Classic had the 96, no oil cooler.

·
Registered
58 Posts
+1 Limited. Don't forget the difference in the engine (103 ci) and the difference in the "little things" that tend to add up. And I thought I wouldn't care about the heated grips....but I was wrong.

·
Yea, real tough guy.
194 Posts
Yea, heated grips are sweet. Makes cold-weather riding much better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is follow-up post to my Road glide vs. street glide post.

Was looking on the HD site of a comparison of the Ultra Classic Electra Glide and Electra glide Ultra Limited.

It appears that they are the same bike with the difference being ABS and Security are standard on the limited. The ultras classic has more paint options and rails on the saddlebags. Price is lower on the classic even with the security/ABS option.

The limited has the rack on the tour pack and limited paint options.

What am I missing between these two models? Also, is the tour pack and backrest removable on both bike models?

Jeff
The roadglide's fairing is attached to the frame so there's the wind hitting the fairing isn't making your handlebars shake

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Limited has chrome on the rims and UC is polished.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
This is the battle I went though, deciding to buy an Ultra or a limited.

Limited: Chrome wheels, anti-lock brakes, grip warmers, 103" engine, vs 96", rear tour pak chrome rack, passenger speakers.

$5000 package over the Ultra.

You can't put that stuff on your bike for $5000, IMHO.

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems like the best bang for the buck is the Limited. Both bikes look good. Now I will test ride and see about working a deal.

Thanks All.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Actually for 2012 (which is all our dealers have) the standard Ultra seems to be the deal since the 103 is now standard. If you want the security pkg, rack & plain heated grips then the limited is a deal. Its up to you. Since I do not like the rack and can add my own grips, the standard seems right for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love everything about my '11 Limited, chrome wheels look great, heated grips work great and every little thing you don't see on the standard Ultra. The only problem I see and it's a problem with all the FL's is the weight, at over 900lbs wet it can be a bit of a handfull in a parkng lot, especially now that I'm pushing 60 years old. I'm really interested in that 2012 Switchback based on the Dyna chassis. When they add ABS, Cruise and a stereo without adding more than 20-30lbs. I'll be all ears. Too knock off 200+lbs from a FL chassis would be great and with the 103 inch motor that thing would fly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I traded my 2009 Ultra Classic in on a 2017 Ultra Limited...The salesman said, "If you ride it, you'll buy it!" and I did both...Never been happier with the Limited. The main reason was for the water cooled heads since my UC had problems overheating during rides through Summer in the City... stop and go traffic, etc. I was running Cooling Fans on the UC and it really overheated my right leg when not moving very much...I love my Limited with the Milwaukee Eight 107. The bike is a little longer and handles a lot better. I've increase the tire sizes both front and rear and it's a stable road hugger...I'd go for another Ultra Limited if I did it all over again

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
I traded my 2009 Ultra Classic in on a 2017 Ultra Limited...The salesman said, "If you ride it, you'll buy it!" and I did both...Never been happier with the Limited. The main reason was for the water cooled heads since my UC had problems overheating during rides through Summer in the City... stop and go traffic, etc. I was running Cooling Fans on the UC and it really overheated my right leg when not moving very much...I love my Limited with the Milwaukee Eight 107. The bike is a little longer and handles a lot better. I've increase the tire sizes both front and rear and it's a stable road hugger...I'd go for another Ultra Limited if I did it all over again
man, that's comparing apples to oranges isn't it? Comparing an 18 year newer bike with a completely different engine

·
Registered
7 Posts
man, that's comparing apples to oranges isn't it? Comparing an 18 year newer bike with a completely different engine
Well, since you're so smart, it's only 8 yrs difference and yes it's a comparison of Harley's big touring bikes. If that's apples and oranges to you, so be it. That's my experience for what it's worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts